PNC 01/28/19

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to: navigation, search

::PNC Meeting Agenda::

--- 01/28/2019 21:00h EDT ---
IRC: irc.pirateirc.net
Room: #uspp
Wiki: https://wiki.pirate-party.us/PNC_01/28/19


Minutes

Record of the meeting

Officer Election

The following officers were elected for a six month term unanimously:

  • Chairperson - Meg Cochran
  • Vice Chair - Joseph Onoroski
  • Secretary - Joseph Klein

Website Discussion

  1. update website.
  2. Update the wiki - specifically which state chapter status
  3. Bonus round! CIVICRM

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PNC

Attending

  • Wisconsin
    • Bosun: Joe Klein WIPP - Wisconsin
  • Massachusetts
    • Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Massachusetts
    • Malt: samuel capradae, massachusetts

Excused

Unexcused

Probation

1.2 - At Large Members of the PNC

1.3 - Officers of the PNC

Chair – Vice Chair – Megan Cochran Secretary –

1.4 - Other Attendess

  • Leonard: Leonard Sitongia from Colorado
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Massachusetts (observing hopefully)

2 - PROCEEDINGS

  • Meeting called to order at: __:___pm EDT
  • Meeting chaired by _________
  • Secretary for this meeting is _________
  • Quorum is established: ___ out of 8 Members present
  • Logging Enabled: Yes

3 - Review of previous minutes

https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-?


4 - Agenda Items

Those running for board seats:

Megan Cochran, WI Joe Klein, WI Joseph Onoroski, MA

Web presence team set up

- AOB -


  • Next meeting: November 11 2019 at 9:00 PM EST
  • Meeting closed: ____________

Logs of the Meeting

[9:06pm] jokeefe: It is in the piratepad: https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-2019-01-28 
[9:06pm] Meg: ok i have my computer back!
[9:06pm] jokeefe: kewl
[9:07pm] Bosun: Oh joyful day 
[9:07pm] Bosun: Joe Klein WIPP here - now
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe was promoted to operator by you.
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe was demoted from operator by ChanServ.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Are we ready to start, acting chair Meg?
[9:10pm] Meg: I guess as we are ever going to be
[9:10pm] Meg: Roll call
[9:11pm] Leonard: Leonard from Colorado
[9:11pm] Meg: Meg Cochran acting chair
[9:11pm] Bosun: Joe Klein WIPP - Wisconsin
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Massachusetts
[9:11pm] Leonard: (Leonard Sitongia)
[9:12pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Massachusetts (observing hopefully)
[9:12pm] Meg: do we have anyone from California?
[9:12pm] Leonard: (No chapter in Colorado, I think I'm observing)
[9:13pm] Meg: is that everyone?
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Malt?
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: Malt is here as well but sometimes his computer hates him too.
[9:14pm] jokeefe: true
[9:14pm] Meg: I understand that
[9:15pm] Malt: sorry, samuel capradae, massachusetts
[9:15pm] Bosun: MA is the best
[9:16pm] jokeefe: we try
[9:16pm] Meg: ok so we have Wisconsin, Massachusetts, that are active and Colorado observing
[9:16pm] Meg: Let's cut to the chase
[9:17pm] Meg: We are here because we need to hold an emergency election
[9:17pm] Meg: Who wants to run for what? 
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: I am applying for First Mate
[9:17pm] Meg: I want to run for Captain, 
[9:18pm] Bosun: I can do quartermaster
[9:18pm] Leonard: First Mate = First Officer?
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:18pm] Bosun: #1
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Sorry, First mate = non-military second in command.
[9:19pm] Meg: haha I see what you mean
[9:19pm] jokeefe: USPP uses Chari and Vice-Chair
[9:19pm] Malt: i suppose i could step up?
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Chair and Vice-Chair
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: I would be going for Vice-chair then
[9:19pm] Meg: First mate would be vice chair
[9:19pm] Meg: yes
[9:19pm] Bosun: I volunteer for Secretary
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: 
[9:19pm] Meg: I want to run for chair. 
[9:20pm] Pirate_Joe: Malt, was there a position that you were interested in?
[9:20pm] jokeefe: To serve for term of 6 months, correct?
[9:20pm] Meg: correct
[9:20pm] Malt: i just wrapped up a late lesson, i'm not certain what's needed
[9:20pm] Meg: We need to get some consistency and this would be the easiest way
[9:21pm] Meg: So Meg is running for chair
[9:21pm] Pirate_Joe: As I understand it, I would still be holding my position in  MAPP
[9:21pm] Meg: Pirate joe is running for vice chair
[9:22pm] Meg: and bosun is running for secretary 
[9:22pm] Meg: Malt are you intending to run?
[9:24pm] Malt: if there's an empty spot, sure, but i'm not looking to sandbag anyone else
[9:25pm] Meg: Do we agree with those running 
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: Malt, you will not be sandbagging anyone, well not me anyways.
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: If this council feels you would be better for the position, then I would be happy to see you there. <3
[9:27pm] Meg: that is to the vote to decide. 
[9:27pm] Malt: i'm more hesitant to commit to something else, i've agreed to volunteer tutor with an aid agency and i've picked up a new student
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: Your wife may kill you though, that I can't help.
[9:27pm] Malt: that's definitely something else of concern
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: 
[9:28pm] Bosun: Meg kinda knows the routine.
[9:28pm] Malt: i want to see the party succeed, I can do what's needed but motivation and focus are always at a premium tbh, i think someone with better executive function would be a more reliable choice
[9:28pm] Bosun: Then participate and run-in 6 months.
[9:29pm] Bosun: We need to build.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: So we have three candidates for three positions?
[9:29pm] Meg: yes
[9:30pm] Meg: are there any objections?
[9:30pm] jokeefe: I have none, but I cannot vote
[9:31pm] Bosun: I second - the slate as stated
[9:32pm] Bosun: And call for unanimous consent.
[9:32pm] Meg: All in favor? 
[9:32pm] Bosun: aye
[9:32pm] Meg: aye
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: aye?
[9:32pm] Malt: aye
[9:32pm] Meg: Done 
[9:32pm] Meg: now for second business
[9:33pm] Meg: I want to put together a team to fix our web presence
[9:33pm] Meg: or something to that nature
[9:34pm] jokeefe: I am happy to hand over the keys to the (web) castle
[9:34pm] Malt: yeah, it seems like something we could be a little louder on
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: A social media campaign or something more broad?
[9:35pm] Meg: I want to first fix the website to reflect current status
[9:35pm] Meg: but yes a social media campaign is needed
[9:35pm] jokeefe: I can give access to whomever should have access.
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Would be good to put up a weekly post
[9:36pm] Meg: I got emails from high school students asking more about who we are and surprisingly most of the information is more insuinated rather than statesd
[9:36pm] Malt: I can help with writing copy
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: I agree with Jamie, a weekly post on current issues would do well to show our stance on things.
[9:37pm] Leonard: I can help with the website
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: In the MAPP, we have been working on the core of who we are and what we stand for.
[9:37pm] Bosun: I have forgotten my keys and I need to update the civicrm site.
[9:37pm] jokeefe: FAQ that answers the common HS/other questions?
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: Perhaps we could "pirate" some of those ideas?
[9:38pm] Bosun: Know doubt we will borrow from others
[9:38pm] Meg: no*
[9:39pm] Leonard: Most of the chapter pages are blank. Is it my browser? Chapter rebuilding is also needed?
[9:39pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: ^
[9:39pm] Meg: ok so before we get to far, can we agree on a meeting to check in on this web project, say 2 weeks?
[9:39pm] jokeefe: BTW: July 29th is 6 months away. Set that date for the new election?
[9:40pm] Malt: a push to educate students on their digital rights at school
[9:40pm] Meg: Yes july 29th new election
[9:40pm] jokeefe: sounds good to me, Meg
[9:40pm] Malt: sire
[9:40pm] Malt: sure
[9:40pm] jokeefe: for meeting in two weeks
[9:40pm] jokeefe: <not that I can vote>
[9:40pm] Meg: good. now we need to focus on the first thing to fix
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: So, starting with the Wiki/website would be step one, social media campaign is step two. May I suggest setting up a Youtube/minds account to push that even further?
[9:41pm] Meg: ok wiki and website 
[9:41pm] Meg: keep goals small and precise. otherwise it gets a bit too big and messy
[9:42pm] jokeefe: If someone would send me who should have wiki/blog/civicrm access, I will make sure everyone is added
[9:42pm] Meg: joekeefe perfect
[9:42pm] jokeefe: Meg, have you gotten twitter creds from Liz?
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Would be good to see who can post to it and FB group and update
[9:43pm] Meg: not yet, I am going to pester her again tonight. shes been sick,and aparently things hit the fan
[9:43pm] Meg: i will get them from her though
[9:43pm] Malt: it'd be nice if we could present a slightly less grognard take on tech news than slashdot, the comments have become a pit toilet as of late
[9:43pm] jokeefe: she needs her rest, certainly
[9:44pm] Meg: hahahahahaaaaa malt!
[9:44pm] Meg: thats funny sorry
[9:44pm] Bosun: Slashbot Fake Newz
[9:44pm] Malt: hope Liz recovers though
[9:45pm] Meg: joekeefe, before you toss over the keys for the web page, can you update the elected positions, and those states that are currently active
[9:45pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:45pm] Meg: thank you
[9:45pm] Malt: we could use our video presence to encourage our membership to post informational or how-to videos
[9:45pm] Meg: I will get the twitter creds
[9:45pm] Malt: infosec, coding, maybe even a little white hat hacking
[9:45pm] Meg: Malt. hold the youtube until 2 weeks
[9:46pm] Malt: sorry
[9:46pm] Meg: write down the ideas and keep them
[9:46pm] Meg: they are great
[9:46pm] Malt: ayeaye
[9:46pm] Bosun: Compile a list of all known state Pirate sites.
[9:46pm] Meg: but we need to focus on wiki fix and website fix
[9:46pm] jokeefe: BTW: we have a riot/matrix chat that we might want to promote
[9:47pm] Malt: all the kids are on discord and twitch these dayd
[9:47pm] Bosun: Start someplace and work our way out.
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: We have a discord server already
[9:47pm] Malt: oh right!
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: <3
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: I got you boo
[9:47pm] Meg: twitch is terrifying lol
[9:47pm] Bosun: Technical details for the wiki
[9:48pm] Pirate_Joe: lol, I know a few hardcore kids on it, they know me too. lol
[9:48pm] Meg: haha I enjoy playing to much to get into the competition. 
[9:48pm] Meg: so wiki needs to be updated the same way the website needs to be
[9:48pm] Malt: more proof i shouldn't run for things: missed 8 months of messages on the uspp discourd group
[9:49pm] Bosun: Email bosun@wipp.coop - with WIKI in the header
[9:50pm] Bosun: IE Subject: WIKI - how to set up IRC clients
[9:50pm] Pirate_Joe: Malt, we have used it mostly as a backup.
[9:50pm] Pirate_Joe: At least the MAPP
[9:51pm] Malt: yeah but i apparently agreed to join the group on rewriting the national charter
[9:51pm] Meg: I have not seen the discord used in a while
[9:51pm] Meg: wow that was a while ago hahaha
[9:51pm] Pirate_Joe: Discord is usual very useful when streaming news on youtube
[9:51pm] Bosun: IE Subject: WIKI - how to set up discord client
[9:51pm] Pirate_Joe: When it's set up properly it's really a 2 click video stream
[9:51pm] jokeefe: I’ll send out the link the uspp matrix channel
[9:52pm] Meg: ok. 
[9:52pm] Pirate_Joe: I would be happy to set it up for us and put all the controls in the chair's hands
[9:52pm] Pirate_Joe: I make Jamie run MAPP's youtube <3
[9:53pm] Meg: haha awesome
[9:53pm] Meg: So in 2 weeks we will have the website updated and wiki updated
[9:53pm] Pirate_Joe: But again, the webpage and wiki come first
[9:53pm] Meg: yes
[9:53pm] Meg: those first
[9:55pm] Pirate_Joe: With your grace, I would like to form a subcommittee to work out the content of our policies for the website with you as the head Meg
[9:55pm] Pirate_Joe: *I would like to Motion for the formation of
[9:55pm] Meg: as we update the wiki, if anyone here has things they want to change in it, send bosun an email with wiki as the head
[9:56pm] Meg: Pirate_joe lets do it 
[9:56pm] Meg: do you have my email?
[9:56pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph.p.Onoroski@gmail.com
[9:56pm] Pirate_Joe: Nay
[9:56pm] Meg: sayyida@wipp.coop
[9:58pm] Bosun: Don't mock the Captain - she stabs.
[9:58pm] K`Tetch_: a lot of the policies do seem to have just spontaniously apepared out of nowhere int he past
[9:58pm] Malt: also she can marry people to whatever she wants
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: I would suggest that we put Jamie, Bosun and Malt in this subcommittee as well since I plan to steal a lot of MAPP rules and regulations if possible.
[9:59pm] K`Tetch_: and also, uspp has a discord group?
[9:59pm] Meg: ok so the policies
[10:00pm] Bosun: When we find it we will put it on the Wiki
[10:00pm] jokeefe: So what are the action items?
[10:00pm] Bosun: - the discord group.
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: If not, there will be one by the our next meeting.
[10:01pm] Meg: Keep on topic
[10:01pm] Meg: action items: 1. update website.
[10:02pm] Meg: jokeefe you did the first update, could you please help bosun get in so any other random things that need to be polished can be done
[10:02pm] Meg: 2. Update the wiki
[10:02pm] jokeefe: here is the USPP matrix room: https://matrix.to/#/!OvmeYBoriDPotftCyH:matrix.org?via=matrix.org&via=matrix.mopirates.org%3A8448
[10:02pm] papegaai: Title: [matrix] (at matrix.to)
[10:02pm] jokeefe: sure, Meg
[10:03pm] Meg: the wiki is out of date ish, but we need to get a list of active states and which ones are seeking membership
[10:03pm] Meg: we need to update that list, and any other information. 
[10:04pm] Meg: 3. Bonus round! CIVICRM
[10:04pm] Meg: that needs to be updated as well
[10:05pm] jokeefe: Who will write the blog post about this election?
[10:05pm] jokeefe: And the next meeting?
[10:06pm] jokeefe: Also, are we keeping to a 1 hour meeting time limit?
[10:06pm] Meg: Jokeefe do you have access to the blog at the moment? if so could you write the blog or pass the keys to bosun
[10:06pm] Meg: yes i want to keep it to an hour 
[10:06pm] Meg: next meeting is in 2 weeks
[10:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Also, the next meeting is Feb 11th
[10:06pm] Meg: yes 
[10:07pm] Meg: just an informal check in to make sure we accomplished this
[10:07pm] K`Tetch_: so mondays are now the days, not tuesdays?
[10:07pm] Meg: at 9 pm eastern
[10:07pm] Meg: Our monthly meetings need to be fixed
[10:07pm] jokeefe: every two weeks?
[10:07pm] Meg: to my understanding MA has their meetings on our old 
[10:08pm] Meg: days
[10:08pm] Pirate_Joe: Monday's work better for me since our local government meetings are on Tuesdays
[10:08pm] Pirate_Joe: We moved our meetings to Wednesdays
[10:08pm] Meg: jokeefe the meeting on the 11th is just to check in, its to make sure our stuff gets done.
[10:09pm] Meg: Pirate_joe that is what I was told
[10:09pm] Pirate_Joe: 
[10:09pm] Meg: is the 3rd Monday of the month ok with everyone?
[10:10pm] Malt: sure
[10:10pm] jokeefe: sure
[10:10pm] K`Tetch_: never for me, I have a local event 1st and 3rd mondays
[10:10pm] Meg: k'tech what would work for you 
[10:10pm] K`Tetch_: but then again, todays the 4th anniversary fo me stepping down, so its little matter
[10:11pm] K`Tetch_: just saying why i won't be aroudn much for it
[10:11pm] Meg: fair enough
[10:11pm] jokeefe: The 11th is the 2nd Monday
[10:11pm] Pirate_Joe: ^
[10:11pm] Pirate_Joe: I would like to see us meet twice a month until we are back on track
[10:11pm] Meg: we appreciate your lurking
[10:12pm] Pirate_Joe: If I am only in this position for 6 months, that's ok because I am willing to put the work in to make it work.
[10:12pm] Meg: ok the exec committee will meet twice a month
[10:12pm] Meg: that seems like a better idea
[10:12pm] Pirate_Joe: 2nd and 4th?
[10:12pm] K`Tetch_: meanwhile, I WILL be aiming to get no Safe harbor 2 out by (I hope) labor day
[10:13pm] Meg: it will not work in febuary
[10:13pm] Pirate_Joe: We can play it by ear as the saying goes. So long as it's a Monday, I will make it work. (I do not need sleep)
[10:14pm] K`Tetch_: i've found that after day 6 your memory starts going
[10:14pm] Meg: agreed
[10:14pm] Bosun: We can move around exec meetings, we need to get shit done.
[10:14pm] Meg: next meeting on the 11th and we will  figure out more meeting stuff then
[10:14pm] Meg: meeting dates*
[10:14pm] jokeefe: perfect
[10:15pm] Bosun: Move to adjourn
[10:16pm] Meg: all in favor?
[10:16pm] K`Tetch_: if anyone has stuff for NSH2 they want tos uggest, you knwow here to get that
[10:16pm] Bosun: aye
[10:16pm] K`Tetch_: get me
[10:16pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[10:16pm] Meg: Ok see you guys on the 11th
[10:16pm] Leonard left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
[10:16pm] Pirate_Joe: Meg
[10:16pm] Malt: aye
[10:16pm] jokeefe: will post the notes to the wiki page
[10:17pm] Meg: pirate_joe Yes/
[10:17pm] Meg: ?
[10:17pm] Meg: thank you jokeefe
[10:17pm] Pirate_Joe: Quick question, would you like Jokeefe to give me access to the website so that I can edit the content when we make our changes?
[10:17pm] Pirate_Joe: I'
[10:17pm] jokeefe: I have been updating the pirate pad
[10:18pm] jokeefe: will do Pirate_Joe
[10:18pm] Meg: Yes please
[10:18pm] Pirate_Joe: That way we can take some of the burden off of him
[10:18pm] Meg: thanks jokeefe
[10:18pm] Meg: you guys are too good
[10:19pm] Pirate_Joe: I look forward to serving and learning
[10:19pm] Meg: I can't wait to work with you
[10:19pm] Meg: g'night!
[10:19pm] Pirate_Joe: good night