::PNC Meeting Agenda::
- --- 02/24/2016 21:00h EDT ---
- IRC: irc.pirateirc.net
- Room: #uspp
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PNC
kusanagi - Lindsay-Anne Brunner, vice-chair USPP Bosun - Joseph klein Wisconsin Lucia - Lucia Fiero, Massachusetts, representative & Secretary USPP OyajiVyse: Dan, New York, representative (2015)
1.2 - Officers of the PNC
kusanagi - Lindsay-Anne Brunner, vice-chair USPP Lucia - Lucia Fiero, Massachusetts, representative & Secretary USPP
1.4 - Other Attendess
CaptainRedBeard - Bob jokeefe - James O'Keefe, Massachusetts, observer FaerieGodfather: Viktyr Korimir, Laramie, WY. mdupont - James Michael DuPont, co-founder of the Pirate Party of Kansas
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- New PNC Board Elections:
Chair: Joseph Klein (WI) self, 2nd - Massachusetts
Vice-Chair: James O'Keefe (MA), 2nd New York
Secretary: Lucia Fiero Massachusetts, 2nd Joe Klein
If no other nominations, PNC must be dissolved as per bylaws - Will update with section if/when found.
New Board takes over on March 1st, 2016. If no full board elected, PNC dissolves March 1st, 2016.
- To Do list:
(Please input any/all suggestions! This is open! -LB)
- Social Media Strategy - Liz has been handling most of the social media, but she's resigning, however she'll be happy to continue with it.
- Maintenance of the website/wiki aka we need a new IT team asap. Wiki is down, no copy of bylaws around. (damn)
- Outreach: How can we grow USPP?
State Parties: Contact lists Newer people just joining up: Info nights? Google Hangout? Chat with a Pirate night? 2600 type meeting nights?
- Seriousness: How can we be serious?
Avoid usage of Google hangouts, facebook, and other closed and non free, privacy violating systems. Promote free software, decentralized services, privacy respecting systems.
- "personal privacy as a core value" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_of_Sweden
"Privacy and data protection are necessary to safeguard people’s dignity and freedom" https://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Parteiprogramm/en
- "We support the promotion of software that can be used, analyzed, disseminated and changed by everyone, without restrictions." https://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Parteiprogramm/en#Free_software https://www.piratenpartei-hessen.de/node/19
2a. Get access privs. for blog for USPP (I can set this up, we'll get this done at or around meeting time. Any state party head and board member should have access to this!) snapshot of content https://archive.org/details/uspirates.org
3. Set next meeting to go over values, bylaws (possibly rewrite them?), consider adding new platforms to help us grow further? Some discussion should be had over SAB