PNC 5/23/12

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to: navigation, search
Back to Pirate National Committee Back to PNC Minutes Back to United States


Agenda PNC Meeting
08/23/2012 18:00h PST
IRC: irc.pirateirc.net
Room: #pnc
Wiki: http://www.pirate-party.us/wiki/PNC_5/23/12


Attendees

Members of the PNC

Attending
  • Erik Zoltan, Massachusetts
  • Marcus Kesler, Oklahoma
  • Jeff Talada, Washington
  • Kyle DeVore, Oregon
  • Jarod/Mitch Tuck , Georgia
  • Rush, Florida
  • Zacqary Adam Green, New York
excused
unexcused

At Large Members of the PNC

Others

  • Itspara
  • Sacha

Proceedings

  • Meeting opened at  9:13pm EST by Travis McCrea
  • Meeting closed  at  10:40pm EST by Travis McCrea
  • Meeting chaired by Travis McCrea
  • Secretary for this meeting is QuazarGuy
  • Quorum is established. [] Members out of [] present
  • Logging Enabled: Yes


Review of previous minutes

Reports

Short report of the board members 

Massachusetts
  • will be running a float for Massachusetts Pirate Party in the Boston Pride Parade
    • encouraging family members with children to participate in the parade, and encouraging participants to dress as pirates
  • working on the language of a ballot question to put on the November ballots. it will be a nonbinding policy question directing local representatives to vote for privacy.
Oklahoma
  • pushing for the ballot access bill to go through our senate, which has stalled and should make it a little easier to get on the ballot as pirates
  • waiting on the final list for all elected offices this year to decide if we want to repeat sending out a survey to every body again with pirate questions (did this last year, send out 150+ surveys, ended up endorsing 4 candidates)
  •  trying to get started to plan for a "Freedom, Not Fear" event in November. Maybe the weekend before the election.
Washington
  • looking into getting a permanent meeting place at a local hackerspace
  • working on a state version of the national site's state page to work for counties
Oregon
  • generating more interest on our FB group
  • updating our web page to make the information current
Georgia
Florida
  • my address being wrong on the state and IRS documents has been fixed
  • I have the FLPP password and stuff for the EFS system for logging our finances to the state each few months
  • Tomorrow Carlo will open us a bank account of awesomeness and we'll finally be able to offload the $5 the party has into an account that we control and then um, do stuff
New York
  • set a date to rehearse and plan our Pirate Choir action on June 9th, and the actual action will occur on the 23rd
  • On June 1st I have two piratey-related things happening: first I'm going to Blue Point High School to talk to an AP Government class about the Pirate Party.
  • Sebastian Lange from Politik & Kommunikation is interviewing NYPP
  • going to be speaking with Josh Lafazan, an 18-year-old who just got elected to the school board of Syosset

Short Report From Committees

IT Committee
  • Working on implementing liquid feedback and ConsiderIt
  • Working on .pirate top-level domain

AOB

  • A concern (Sacha)

Next meeting: 5/30/12 at 9:00pm EST

Meeting closed: at 10:40pm EST


Logs

  • <@TravisMcCrea> I officially call this meeting to order
  • <@TravisMcCrea> can everyone please check in with your name and state
  • <Zacqary> Zacqary Adam Green, NY
  • <d-usa> Marcus Kesler, OK
  • <QuazarGuy_> Jeff Talada, WA
  • <MrSquared> Kyle DeVore, OR
  • <itspara> Itspara, md at large
  • <matuck> Jarod: or jarod_ you there?
  • <erixoltan> Erik Zoltan, MA
  • <@TravisMcCrea> The chair recognizes Brad Hall of FL being a part of this meeting, for the record
  • <matuck> Mitch Tuck GA
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Anyone else?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Okay
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Does anyone have anything they want to change or do we all agree to (Link: https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-15-2012)https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-15-2012
  • <erixoltan> agree
  • <matuck> agree
  • <MrSquared> agree
  • <QuazarGuy_> looks good
  • <Zacqary> I…um…can't access it. I didn't get an account. But I'm also just the fill-in guy, so I guess I agree by default.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> One sec

>>> Sacha has joined #pnc

  • <@TravisMcCrea> (Link: https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-16-2012)https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-16-2012
  • <@TravisMcCrea> sorry
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Ha! Caught all you other guys agreeing to something you didn't read
  • <@TravisMcCrea> ;)
  • <QuazarGuy_> lol didn't notice it was different from the one I'm looking at
  • <erixoltan> (Link: https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-23-2012)https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-23-2012
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Zacqary: taht's last weeks meeting
  • <matuck> i thought it was the link to the agenda and didnt click on that link
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Okay so to be clear, right now we are just reviweing (Link: https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-16-2012)https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-5-16-2012 to see if last weeks records are accurate
  • <@TravisMcCrea> then we will move on
  • <Zacqary> Derrrrp. Okay.
  • <QuazarGuy_> were they changed at all?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> No,
  • <@TravisMcCrea> it's just a formality more than anything
  • <erixoltan> I think the minutes from last week look good.
  • <matuck> they look good
  • <MrSquared> still good
  • <jarod_> Here, just sidetracked
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Mass ( erixoltan right?)
  • <erixoltan> Right
  • <@TravisMcCrea> you are going to be presenting first if you want to prepare
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I am just going to take a couple more seconds before we go to you
  • <Rush> Bradley Hall, Florida
  • <erixoltan> k
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Then Oklahoma, then Washington, Oregon, Georgia, Florida
  • <Rush> k
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Okay so I believe we all agree on the minutes
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Let us go to reports
  • <@TravisMcCrea> erixoltan: of Mass Pirates
  • <erixoltan> Massachusetts had only a brief weekly meeting this week.
  • <erixoltan> Our primary focus is our preparations for the Boston Pride parade June 9.
  • <erixoltan> We will be running a float for Massachusetts Pirate Party.
  • <erixoltan> We are encouraging family members with children to participate in the parade, and encouraging participants to dress as pirates.
  • <erixoltan> We are also still working on the language of a ballot question to put on the November ballots. it will be a nonbinding policy question directing local representatives to vote for privacy.
  • <erixoltan> that's it for Mass.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Thank you Mass. OK ( d-usa ) it's been a while since we have heard from you, please tell us what your state has been up to over the past few weeks
  • <d-usa> Not too much really. Got a few new members contacting me by e-mail or facebook. Trying to set up a meeting soon to get the new people together and see what we can do.
  • <d-usa> Currently pushing for the ballot access bill to go through our senate, which has stalled and should make it a little easier to get on the ballot as pirates
  • <d-usa> waiting on the final list for all elected offices this year to decide if we want to repeat sending out a survey to every body again with pirate questions (did this last year, send out 150+ surveys, ended up endorsing 4 candidates)
  • <d-usa> Also trying to get started to plan for a "Freedom, Not Fear" event in November. Maybe the weekend before the election.
  • <d-usa> Other than that it's been slow goings for us.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> :) Done?
  • <d-usa> yup
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Thanks for sharing. We can discuss some of those items later. Next up is Washington I believe
  • <QuazarGuy_> sure
  • <QuazarGuy_> we're looking into getting a permanent meeting place at a local hackerspace sort of like MAPPs place
  • <QuazarGuy_> we're also working on a state version of the national site's state page to work for counties
  • <QuazarGuy_> that's it
  • <QuazarGuy_> TravisMcCrea ping
  • <Rush> Next is Oregon
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Sorry
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Yes Next is Oregon
  • <Rush> I can go now if they can't
  • <MrSquared> I can
  • <MrSquared> Not much happening, most of what we are trying to do is generate more interest on our FB group.
  • <MrSquared> And I am going to take over updating our web page to make the information current
  • <MrSquared> that's as much as I know
  • <@TravisMcCrea> :)
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Done I assume?
  • <MrSquared> yes, thank you
  • <Rush> Now it's Jaw gee uh
  • <@TravisMcCrea> (for future record, can we actually use the word "done" so I don't have to interpret?)
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Yeah Georgia is up next, that would be Jarod / jarod_
  • <jarod_> It seems the information I had gotten last was wrong
  • <jarod_> So I am having to read over some information about creating the party
  • <jarod_> (Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_6V9WxCPmjmxzk8XR7tIGpDsLyNJiO8fS28908e7xfk/edit)https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_6V9WxCPmjmxzk8XR7tIGpDsLyNJiO8fS28908e7xfk/edit
  • <jarod_> I have a friend who's a paralegal help me with it
  • <jarod_> I just got that yesterday
  • <QuazarGuy_> lol I didn't know the government could copyright
  • <jarod_> That's all that's new
  • <erixoltan> jarod_ I don't see anything about signatures required?
  • <Rush> State gov can copyright
  • <jarod_> once I have time to read it all i'm going to call them w/ a list of questions lol
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Can we keep Q&A to an agenda item (perhaps the agenda item can be helping him with his formation). This is designed for general updates and information.
  • <Rush> Can I go now?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> jarod_: did you have anything else?
  • <jarod_> That's all for now
  • <@TravisMcCrea> :) Thank you!
  • <Rush> Florida is doing stuff. All of the stuff I was fretting about yesterday about my address being wrong on the state and IRS documents has been fixed. I have the FLPP password and stuff for the EFS system for logging our finances to the state each few months. Tomorrow Carlo will open us a bank account of awesomeness and we'll finally be able to offload the $5 the party has into an account that we control and then um, do stuff. (more...)
  • <Rush> I have a pile of laws I have to read and make sense of. We also want to start having FLPP meetings some time in the near future just so we can talk to some of the Pirates in the party. So far it's been Us talking to Them, and we want to change that somewhat
  • <Rush> Done
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Awesome, thank you Rush
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Anything new from the IT Committee
  • <@TravisMcCrea> ( matuck )
  • <matuck> Nothing new
  • <matuck> done
  • <@TravisMcCrea> :) thank you
  • <QuazarGuy_> AOB?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Well
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Does anyone want to talk about anything else?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Like motions or anything?
  • <Zacqary> Am I supposed to do a report?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Zacqary: did New York not do a report?
  • <Zacqary> Not yet.
  • <Zacqary> So I'll do ti?
  • <Zacqary> *it?
  • <Rush> Is NY here?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> yes please
  • <Zacqary> Well, first of all, Liz is out of the hospital, in pain but in good condition. Anyway, our meeting last week was kinda sparse. We set a date to rehearse and plan our Pirate Choir action on June 9th, and the actual action will occur on the 23rd.
  • <Zacqary> On June 1st I have two piratey-related things happening: first I'm going to Blue Point High School to talk to an AP Government class about the Pirate Party.
  • <Zacqary> Secondly, Sebastian Lange from Politik & Kommunikation is interviewing me and, if she's recovered enough, Liz.
  • <Zacqary> And at some point in the future I'm going to be speaking with Josh Lafazan, an 18-year-old who just got elected to the school board of my hometown of Syosset. I won't actively SAY I'm trying to recruit him, but, y'know.
  • <Zacqary> And I think that's it. Done.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Awesoem
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Any motions, or will we go to AOB?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Okay then I would like to open the floor to all people for AOB. Sacha is up
  • <Sacha> My concern
  • <Sacha> If you don't allow observing states the space to give state reports
  • <Sacha> or see what they are doing by requesting information
  • <Sacha> how will you possibly be able to make an informed decision when it comes to granting them membership when they request it?
  • <itspara> I think thats in aob sacha
  • <@TravisMcCrea> itspara: we are in AOB
  • <Sacha> No, she means that AOB is the time to speak about that
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Oh
  • <@TravisMcCrea> And he is correct about that
  • <Sacha> Sorry he*
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Would you like to share the progress of your state Sacha ?
  • <Sacha> I feel that is wrong
  • <QuazarGuy_> I think eventually we won't even be taking reports for full members because it will be overwhelming, reports will have to be filed some other way
  • <Sacha> Then should someone make a proposal for how to deal with it?
  • <Sacha> It seems odd to me that observer states are not allowed the privledge of speaking
  • <Sacha> until AOB
  • <erixoltan> I think the assumption is that if a state has a lot of activity to report, they should be a PNC member very soon.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Exactly. Also full members are expected to be here
  • <itspara> Yeah, i see no problem with having observers wait
  • <erixoltan> I would hesitate to formalize the reporting process because it could get unweildy if we have 50 states and territories.
  • <Sacha> I see no problem with having observers wait either
  • <Sacha> I think it is odd that the chair doesn't even speak to them at all
  • <Sacha> in a meeting
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Once we hit 50 states, we also will probably not be holding weekly
  • <@TravisMcCrea> irc meetings :P
  • <Sacha> when the idea is that they are working their way to membership
  • <QuazarGuy_> you can pm the chair
  • <Sacha> Shouldn't the chair extend a hand?

>>> jarod_ has quit IRC: Quit: Web client closed

  • <@TravisMcCrea> You can also request that any state moves to give you permission to speak.
  • <itspara> Chair doesnt have an obligation to do so
  • <QuazarGuy_> the chair isn't telepathic
  • <Sacha> I'm not suggesting that
  • <Rush> What does AOB mean again?
  • <QuazarGuy_> "Any other business"
  • <itspara> Any other bussiness
  • <Sacha> I'm suggesting that at the end of all the states there is a section for 'observer states' in which those observing state if they have any progress or not
  • <Sacha> I feel that the observers are already treated very much outside the PNC
  • <itspara> Thats kindof because they are sacha
  • <itspara> To some extent at least
  • <Sacha> I always felt the assumption with observers, is that the are going for the goal of membership
  • <Sacha> when they meet the requirements
  • <Sacha> At least until we have 50 reps, that will be the biggest thing observers do
  • <@TravisMcCrea> If we had to wait for every single state with one member
  • <@TravisMcCrea> it could take forever.
  • <erixoltan> I think the chair is accountable to the PNC. If we had some chair in the future who wasn't responsive to requests by observer states to say something, we might choose a new chair rather than trying to formalize the process.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> We no longer require quorum within AOB (though it's encouraged)
  • <erixoltan> If it's slightly unfavorable to be an observer state, then hopefully they will be working towards PNC membership.
  • <Rush> Erix, we did that once, I think
  • <erixoltan> We haven't set the bar that high, it should be possibly for any hardworking state group to become a PNC member with a sustained effort.
  • <erixoltan> *possible*
  • <Sacha> The bar is completely ambiguous
  • <Sacha> Anyway
  • <QuazarGuy_> different states will progress in different ways
  • <Sacha> Say there was a section after all the other states presented that was for observing states to present progress, the chair says "Do any observer states have progress to present" wait 5 mins, if crickets then move to AOB
  • <Sacha> what would happen?
  • <Sacha> Quazarguy_ progress into the PNC?
  • <QuazarGuy_> growing their state
  • <Sacha> I'm not sure what you mean
  • <QuazarGuy_> PNC membership isn't necessary for a successful state party, it is merely a good thing to have
  • <Sacha> Each state will grow their party in different ways? Clearly
  • <Sacha> QuazarGuy_ It isn't necessary but it is extremely rude
  • <Sacha> The PNC makes decisions
  • <Sacha> and basically says which parties are 'real' parties
  • <QuazarGuy_> it does
  • <Sacha> Not having a membership says that you are not a real party according to the group of your peers
  • <d-usa> The PNC is composed of the Pirate Parties of the States. Become a Pirate Party and then be a part of the PNC
  • <erixoltan> The assumption is that everyone is primarily concerned with becoming a strong state party, and that PNC membership is a step towards that goal, but not the primary goal in itself.
  • <itspara> Not necessarily sacha
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I would really encourage you to move on Sacha, we rehash this with you every week.
  • <itspara> Couldnt there be a party thats a member of ppi but not pnc?
  • <Sacha> Of course not
  • <Sacha> @TravisMcCrea fine.
  • <erixoltan> Sometimes you have a process that only works if everyone genuinely wants to make it work, and you have to trust the process.
  • <QuazarGuy_> a state's party status is only put into question by it's own application to the PNC
  • <Sacha> Yup. All true.
  • <Sacha> Anywho
  • <erixoltan> If people want to be cliquish and cynically exclude others, then the process is doomed anyway.
  • <Sacha> I withdraw my concern
  • <Sacha> and cease commenting
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I am not saying don't speak
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I am just asking that you provide constructive discussion, rather than rehashing an issue which has been reaffirmed repetitively by the PNC
  • <Sacha> I mean now, I have nothing else to say.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> :) Okay
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Is there any other states that would like to present?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Or any other issues to cover?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Motions to make?
  • <erixoltan> none here
  • <Rush> I move to adjourn
  • <QuazarGuy_> I'd like to ask matuck what his next steps are for the site
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Meetings are SOO much faster when I don't make an agenda ;)
  • <itspara> Yeah, its past 10 in dc
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Rush: would you withdraw your motion?
  • <Rush> okay
  • <@TravisMcCrea> matuck ping :P
  • <matuck> I am open to suggestions on what needs to be done next... right now i think my next goal is to get a liquid feedback system in place
  • <erixoltan> that's a high priority in my opinion.
  • <QuazarGuy_> do you have something in mind?
  • <matuck> i am working on one other side project which is slowing that down a bit...
  • <QuazarGuy_> is it for the party?
  • <matuck> i havnt deciced if i want to integrate it into existing site or make it a seperate entity
  • <matuck> no.. its for the .pirate tld
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Which I would seriously prefer he puts his immediate energies into
  • <QuazarGuy_> ?
  • <matuck> if i make it part of the site. i will have to develop a few modules to tie some stuff together.. but im not sure if that really needs to be tied in to the website or a sperate entity..
  • <erixoltan> Now I think you've piqued everyone's curiosity...
  • <matuck> how would you guys prefer the liquid feedback system?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> (Link: http://dotpirate.me)http://dotpirate.me
  • <erixoltan> I think Liquid Feedback is one critical reason why the German Pirates are polling at 10%.
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Liquid Feedback will be nearly useless at a national level anyway, in my opinion.
  • <matuck> so should liquid feedback be integrated?
  • <QuazarGuy_> but the states can use it until their own are up
  • <Zacqary> Problem with LiquidFeedback is that it requires PostgreSQL, so it's not like you can just get any shared hosting account and plop it on your server.
  • <Zacqary> A lot of them don't support it.
  • <QuazarGuy_> I would prefer it to be integrated
  • <matuck> we will not be running liquid feedback.. it will be a clone
  • <QuazarGuy_> considerIt
  • <matuck> liquid feedback is also written in lua script.
  • <matuck> it will be a combination of both considerit and liquid feedback
  • <QuazarGuy_> what's the .pirate domain for?
  • <@TravisMcCrea> This is an actual Liquid Feedback PHP script that is being developed actively by other parties
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Which will be an exact clone of their liquid feedback, but coded in PHP
  • <matuck> is that in the intl-it team travis?
  • <matuck> i can always port there code into a module
  • <@TravisMcCrea> matuck: yeah
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I am still working to get the communication flowing better
  • <matuck> then i will probably assist there so it can be brought in
  • <QuazarGuy_> how long do you think it will take?
  • <QuazarGuy_> to implement something like liquid feedback?
  • <QuazarGuy_> weeks months?
  • <matuck> honestly i havnt started on it... but i think probably a month... i would like to see where the intl team is at and that could influence the time greatly
  • <QuazarGuy_> ok
  • <erixoltan> this is the kind of thing where it's much better to do it right than to quickly do it wrong.
  • <erixoltan> On the other hand, it's also better if it does actually get done.
  • <Zacqary> Isn't the LiquidFeedback frontend a separate blob of code? Could it be integrated with a different backend to save time?
  • <matuck> it will get done
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Do any of your states have elections in the next 6 months outside of national stuff?
  • <QuazarGuy_> I just think it would be the single biggest boost we can get
  • <@TravisMcCrea> (mayoral, city council, etc)
  • <QuazarGuy_> almost all states do
  • <erixoltan> We don't have anything in Mass that would be impacted.
  • <QuazarGuy_> we have state initiatives
  • <QuazarGuy_> state congress
  • <QuazarGuy_> governor
  • <QuazarGuy_> port master

>>> Sacha has left #pnc

  • <QuazarGuy_> that would be great to have a pirate on
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Not for anything more than giggles
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I would prefer a school board
  • <QuazarGuy_> haha yeah
  • <erixoltan> "Boston School Board overturns Copyright Law..."
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Can I set this as a task? Every state report next week
  • <d-usa> City council would be fun. I think I will throw my head into the ring next time we have elections in my district.
  • <itspara> A school board would be very good
  • <@TravisMcCrea> A local election that you can potentially run in
  • <d-usa> I would only be able to run for anything that is non-partisan
  • <@TravisMcCrea> no sooner than 3 months out, no later than 6 months
  • <@TravisMcCrea> (so between 3 and 6 months out)
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Actaully between 3 and 8
  • <QuazarGuy_> it's too late for anyone in WA to run
  • <QuazarGuy_> except as write-in
  • <@TravisMcCrea> d-usa: school boards are usually non-partisan
  • <d-usa> There are a couple of county offices that are also non-partisan as well
  • <Rush> I'm thinking of running for school board
  • <@TravisMcCrea> We can still run you as a Pirate :)
  • <Rush> I believe it's a non-partisan position
  • <QuazarGuy_> who was the female GOP candidate?
  • <QuazarGuy_> bachman?
  • <QuazarGuy_> she started with school board
  • <erixoltan> I think Bachman *should* be on the school board.
  • <itspara> The only thing is.... What will parents make of a "pirate" in a school board
  • <itspara> Though, thats minor
  • <QuazarGuy_> no internet filters
  • <Rush> Think of the children!
  • <itspara> Internet filters are required for federal funding
  • <QuazarGuy_> yes think of the children
  • <MrSquared> Slogan "There for ARR Kids"
  • <QuazarGuy_> well that's gotta change
  • <Rush> lol
  • <Rush> The school system needs an enema
  • <itspara> But, scaling them back would be a good move.....
  • <erixoltan> eye patches for every child.
  • <Rush> No Child Left Ashore
  • <itspara> Most schools block more than is required
  • <erixoltan> Rush lmao
  • <QuazarGuy_> to protect them from the evil porn they'll accidently surf at schools without filters
  • <@TravisMcCrea> We would need to be highly serious about our candidacy if we went for school board
  • <Rush> It's never an accident
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I know we are playing here
  • <@TravisMcCrea> but just saying, no eye pach campaigning
  • <Rush> One thing I don't like though, is students who think I'm a dumbass
  • <QuazarGuy_> are you one?
  • <itspara> The evil porn, because PACS distribute porn :p
  • <Rush> More than once a student has tried (and failed) to convince me that MySpace is really FCAT Explorer
  • <Rush> They know how to use proxies
  • <itspara> The schools around here block several political action comittee websites
  • <erixoltan> We should spend as much time as possible talking to students, because they are the ones who will some day vote us into the White House.
  • <Rush> oh
  • <Rush> Read my review of this book here (Link: http://intellectualeconomy.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/digital-vertigo/)http://intellectualeconomy.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/digital-vertigo/
  • <Rush> I make a comment about presidential campaigns of the future
  • <erixoltan> k
  • <QuazarGuy_> read a book to see a comment?
  • <Rush> read the review to read the comment
  • <QuazarGuy_> oh
  • <Rush> ne thing I am interested in seeing is what will happen when people from today’s connected age start running for public office, or even the presidency? Their every Tweet, forum post, Facebook update, possibly even every meal they ate will be available for public scrutiny online on some corner of the Internet.
  • <itspara> GOOD
  • <Rush> I've been a forum member of OUS for nearly a decade, with several thousand posts to sift through
  • <Rush> Same with WoM
  • <QuazarGuy_> regardless, I think Travis has a point, we should all find out what offices are available in our respective states
  • <Rush> k
  • <@TravisMcCrea> :P and I am not a stickler, I said 3 to 8 months that way it limits it to somthing we could reasonably run for
  • <@TravisMcCrea> but if it's 9 months I am not going to be like "NO YOU FAILED"
  • <QuazarGuy_> it looks like you're aiming for Nov 6
  • <Rush> Look guys, it's getting late
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Yeah
  • <@TravisMcCrea> I was going to say let's wrap it up?
  • <Rush> I second that
  • <erixoltan> move to adjourn
  • <QuazarGuy_> second
  • <@TravisMcCrea> In favour?
  • <Rush> aye
  • <MrSquared> aye
  • <erixoltan> aye
  • <Jarod> Yes
  • <QuazarGuy_> aye
  • <Zacqary> Aye
  • <d-usa> aye
  • <@TravisMcCrea> Perfect Ayes Have it