PNC 7/31/13

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to: navigation, search

::PNC Meeting Agenda::

--- 07/31/2013 21:00h EDT ---
IRC: irc.pirateirc.net
Room: #pnc
Wiki: http://www.uspirates.org/wiki/PNC_7/31/13

Minutes

  • IT committee unavailable for report
    • Any willing volunteers for IT committee, please notify officers ASAP
  • Website suggestions/additions:
    • Adding a link to the webchat client on USPP page
    • Weekly blog
    • Pull in content from other blogs/sites
    • Set up a state feed exchange
    • Have a metaplatform site
  • Possibly retry having a virtual convention
  • Motion to amend the bylaws to include "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to do so may result in disbanding or reorganization or removal of the chair."
    • Motion passed 4-0
    • Implementation to be worked on next meeting
  • Discussion of platform policies and committee postponed to next meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PNC

  • Attending
    • Daniel Gorski - NY
    • Lucia Fiero - MA
    • Bradley Hall - FL
    • Joseph Klein - WI
  • Excused
    • N/A
  • Unexcused
    • CA
    • GA
    • OR
    • WA
  • Probation
    • N/A

1.2 - At Large Members of the PNC

  • Benjamen Lyon - MD
  • Nick Desalvio - MD

1.3 - Officers of the PNC

  • Lindsay-Anne Brunner - Captain
  • Daniel Gorski - Quartermaster

1.4 - Other Attendess

2 - PROCEEDINGS

  • Meeting called to order at: 9:50 pm EDT
  • Meeting chaired by Lindsay-Anne Brunner
  • Secretary for this meeting is Daniel Gorski
  • Quorum is established: 4 out of 8 Members present
  • Logging Enabled: Yes

3 - Review of previous minutes

http://www.uspirates.org/wiki/PNC_7/24/13

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short Report From Committees

IT Committee
  • Chair is not present, no report available

5 - Agenda Items

  • IT Committee report
  • Possible content to add to website and suggestions for any changes
  • Discussion of Committees formed/to be formed and responsibilities thereof, including amendment to PNC Bylaws to make committees responsible for reports every meeting
  • Continued discussion of party platform, including whether a committee should be formed to handle platform proposals/amendments

- AOB -

  • N/A
  • Next meeting: 2013-8-7 at 9:00 PM EDT
  • Meeting closed: 11:02 PM EDT

- Logs of the Meeting -

Jul 31 21:51:27 <kusi>        9:50, meeting is opened
Jul 31 21:51:37 <kusi>        please identify yourself by name and state you are representing, if any
Jul 31 21:51:46 <kusi>        Lindsay-Anne brunner, capt.
Jul 31 21:51:54 <OyajiVyse>        Daniel Gorski, Quartermaster, NYPP rep
Jul 31 21:52:01 <Bosun>        Joseph T. Klein Wisconsin
Jul 31 21:52:12 <kusi>        Please remember we are closing this meeting by 11 PM Eastern time, and any unfinished business rolls to the nexrt agenda.
Jul 31 21:52:24 <Rush>        Bradley Hall, Florida
Jul 31 21:52:42 <missle59>        Benjamin Lyon, Maryland observer
Jul 31 21:52:50 <kusi>        Bluestreak, 
Jul 31 21:53:07 <Bluestreak>        Lucia Fiero, MA rep
Jul 31 21:53:22 <kusi>        Awesome. First up is the IT report.
Jul 31 21:53:28 <kusi>        However, the IT chair isn't here.
Jul 31 21:54:07 <kusi>        So, that will need to be skipped.. again.
Jul 31 21:54:34 <kusi>        honestly.. we need someone new to chair it.
Jul 31 21:55:40 <kusi>        I don't know when the last It meeting was, so if anyone knows anyone inclined toward IT and would be willing to volunteer, let the officers know.
Jul 31 21:56:46 <kusi>        next point
Jul 31 21:56:56 <kusi>        Possible content to add to website and suggestions for any changes
Jul 31 21:57:06 <kusi>        Are there any suggestions for the site?
Jul 31 21:57:34 <Bluestreak>        yes
Jul 31 21:57:56 <Bluestreak>        on the mapp page is a link to the webchat
Jul 31 21:58:07 <Bluestreak>        or our wqeekly irc
Jul 31 21:58:25 <Bluestreak>        yall need one on USpp for pnc
Jul 31 21:58:35 <Bosun>        That woud be nice.
Jul 31 21:58:43 <Bluestreak>        It encourages attendance
Jul 31 21:58:45 <Bluestreak>        IMO
Jul 31 21:58:51 <kusi>        that's def doable
Jul 31 21:58:56 <kusi>        we have one that leads to the main channel
Jul 31 21:59:00 <kusi>        so, we could do that
Jul 31 21:59:08 <Bluestreak>        Take a look at MAPP
Jul 31 21:59:18 <Bluestreak>        The link and instructions are on the left
Jul 31 21:59:43 <Bluestreak>        I always search my gmail for "pnc" to find the link
Jul 31 21:59:53 <Bluestreak>        to come here
Jul 31 22:00:10 <Bluestreak>        So yeah
Jul 31 22:00:17 <kusi>        That's a great suggestion.
Jul 31 22:00:22 <kusi>        Any others?
Jul 31 22:01:41 <kusi>        If not suggestions to improve the site, any ideas for content/
Jul 31 22:02:49 <OyajiVyse>        post links/articles that we find relevant?
Jul 31 22:03:14 <OyajiVyse>        and have a committee for that?
Jul 31 22:03:15 <kusi>        that's what Rush and I do for social media
Jul 31 22:03:26 <kusi>        and imo I don't think that's fully appropriate
Jul 31 22:03:54 <Rush>        Aye
Jul 31 22:04:32 *        itspara (~nick@s-85-726-668-82.hsd2.md.comcast.net) has joined #pnc
Jul 31 22:04:33 <kusi>        I had an idea that was kind of lame -- a weekly blog called "Captain's Log" about the week's news and politics with a Pirate perspective
Jul 31 22:04:45 <Bluestreak>        Why not?
Jul 31 22:04:46 <Rush>        Our problem is we're just two people who have lives and other things we have to do through each day. We can't do nothing but scour the web for news for pirates
Jul 31 22:05:03 <Bluestreak>        90% of our blog posts in MA are written by the captian
Jul 31 22:05:06 <kusi>        which is why scheduling the posts is an option too
Jul 31 22:05:18 <kusi>        I pay for hootsuite for that one reason
Jul 31 22:06:26 <kusi>        and again, for state meetings, if you want me to promote them via USPP channels, please send me a reminder
Jul 31 22:06:49 <itspara>        Nick Desalvio, Maryland
Jul 31 22:07:20 <itspara>        Im going to chime in and mention that both twitter and facebook do support scheduling posts now. 
Jul 31 22:07:43 <itspara>        Not sure about G+
Jul 31 22:07:56 <kusi>        itspara, hoot can schedule for all
Jul 31 22:08:03 <itspara>        I know. 
Jul 31 22:09:08 <kusi>        So until all 3 can do that, and there's a third party app I can do it from, hoot it is
Jul 31 22:09:09 <kusi>        lol
Jul 31 22:09:20 <kusi>        itspara, any suggestions for the website?
Jul 31 22:09:40 <itspara>        context? or ust in general?
Jul 31 22:10:10 <kusi>        in general, improvements, content
Jul 31 22:10:47 <itspara>        Umm, we should encourage people to write. Maybe set up stuff to easily crowdsource (user writes, submits, then a moderator approves) Perhaps pull stuff syndicated in from other 
Jul 31 22:10:53 <itspara>        blogs/websites.
Jul 31 22:11:17 <Bosun>        We could set up a feed exchange between state sites.
Jul 31 22:11:26 <Bluestreak>        Yes mostly we need content
Jul 31 22:11:38 <itspara>        Yes, especially pull up content from state sites.
Jul 31 22:11:44 <kusi>        Bosun, that would be a great idea
Jul 31 22:12:49 <Bluestreak>        When someone on the state level gets their content picked up
Jul 31 22:12:53 <Bluestreak>        it will give them a lift
Jul 31 22:13:12 <Bluestreak>        "OOH LOOK! My post made it to national!"
Jul 31 22:13:27 <Bluestreak>        Just a thought
Jul 31 22:13:58 <kusi>        yeah
Jul 31 22:14:42 <missle59>        i dont know how much progress has been done on this topic, but what about about a page to explain our stances on different issues?
Jul 31 22:15:06 <kusi>        missle59, some of the issues we're divided on
Jul 31 22:15:15 <kusi>        but the core issues
Jul 31 22:15:18 <itspara>        maybe a metaplatform site, explaining our stances as defined by the constitution and state/candidate platforms
Jul 31 22:15:18 <kusi>        yes
Jul 31 22:15:40 <itspara>        and it would go over it all. including explaining divisions.
Jul 31 22:15:54 <itspara>        I think somebody has suggested something similar in the past
Jul 31 22:16:48 <kusi>        that would be quite the project
Jul 31 22:17:08 <itspara>        true
Jul 31 22:18:59 <kusi>        it would take time, if there are volunteers willing. I'll ask about it via USPPSocMed
Jul 31 22:20:13 <kusi>        Any other suggestions?
Jul 31 22:21:45 <kusi>        1 minute more, if no further suggestions, we're moving on
Jul 31 22:23:12 <kusi>        okay
Jul 31 22:23:12 <kusi>        so
Jul 31 22:23:21 <kusi>        Discussion of Committees formed/to be formed and responsibilities thereof, including amendment to PNC Bylaws to make committees responsible for reports every meeting
Jul 31 22:23:39 <kusi>        in other words: more people are required to do more tasks
Jul 31 22:23:50 <Bosun>        O joy.
Jul 31 22:24:52 <kusi>        It's a good thing
Jul 31 22:25:06 <kusi>        more activity = more members at state level
Jul 31 22:25:15 <kusi>        more want to get involved
Jul 31 22:25:20 <kusi>        positive feedback loop
Jul 31 22:25:30 <Bosun>        How about retry a virtual convention for next year before mid-terms.
Jul 31 22:25:33 <OyajiVyse>        of positivity
Jul 31 22:25:42 <kusi>        we could try it
Jul 31 22:26:51 <kusi>        that would depend on who the capt is then
Jul 31 22:27:01 <kusi>        start panning for that after the pnc election
Jul 31 22:27:26 <kusi>        I could use help with PR stuff
Jul 31 22:27:32 <Bosun>        Please don't elect Francis/
Jul 31 22:27:37 <kusi>        LOL
Jul 31 22:27:46 <kusi>        I think it's early yet for noms
Jul 31 22:29:43 <Rush>        If nominated I will not run, if elected, I will not serve
Jul 31 22:29:52 <OyajiVyse>        so what about the amendment?
Jul 31 22:31:00 <kusi>        that's on the reps
Jul 31 22:31:11 <kusi>        I think hariseldon had one in mind.
Jul 31 22:31:20 <Bosun>        is it moved or on the floor?
Jul 31 22:31:25 <kusi>        compel the committees to report at the meetings
Jul 31 22:31:27 <kusi>        neither
Jul 31 22:31:57 <itspara>        noms
Jul 31 22:32:00 <itspara>        :P
Jul 31 22:33:27 <kusi>        lol
Jul 31 22:33:30 <kusi>        Bosun, neither
Jul 31 22:33:38 <kusi>        mostly because one hasn't been suggested
Jul 31 22:37:28 <OyajiVyse>        Jul 24 22:50:03 <HariSeldon>        i move that we amend the bylaws of the PNC at the July 31st meeting to adopt a reporting requirement for committees to the PNC with wording to be determined
Jul 31 22:37:43 <Bosun>        second
Jul 31 22:38:20 <Bosun>        Oh ? I need to move then.
Jul 31 22:38:59 <kusi>        no
Jul 31 22:39:23 <Bosun>        :-(
Jul 31 22:39:26 <kusi>        that motion wasn't valid
Jul 31 22:39:27 <kusi>        sorry
Jul 31 22:39:30 <kusi>        PM
Jul 31 22:39:31 <kusi>        lol
Jul 31 22:40:13 <OyajiVyse>        right, it was put on this week's agenda to be formally put forth, correct?
Jul 31 22:40:18 <kusi>        yes
Jul 31 22:42:10 <OyajiVyse>        the basic gist of it being that we amend the bylaws to state that all committees current and future be responsible to report at PNC meetings
Jul 31 22:42:13 *        passstab (~coplon@xx.pirate) has joined #pnc
Jul 31 22:42:23 <kusi>        Bosun, I know it was Francis who put it forth, but are you able to?
Jul 31 22:42:55 <Bosun>        I so move (does that work?)
Jul 31 22:43:19 <kusi>        no, it doesn't.
Jul 31 22:43:56 <kusi>        It has to be specific
Jul 31 22:45:40 <kusi>        15 min warning till meeting close
Jul 31 22:46:10 <Bosun>        ?? I move that commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to do so may result in te discollution or reorganizing of the commitee.
Jul 31 22:46:29 <Bosun>        Yes learn to type
Jul 31 22:47:04 <Bosun>        ? disbaning or reorganization of the offending commitee.
Jul 31 22:47:17 <Bosun>        banding ..
Jul 31 22:47:52 <kusi>        You should be moving to amend the bylaws to include such a provision
Jul 31 22:50:10 <Bosun>        I move to ament the bylaws to include the "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to do so may result in disbanding or reorganization or removal of the chair.
Jul 31 22:50:18 <Bosun>        amend.
Jul 31 22:50:25 <Bosun>        I need sleep.
Jul 31 22:50:28 <kusi>        we all do
Jul 31 22:50:33 <kusi>        10 min to meeting close
Jul 31 22:50:45 <kusi>        I'll accept it
Jul 31 22:50:47 <OyajiVyse>        second
Jul 31 22:50:53 <kusi>        Awesome
Jul 31 22:50:59 <Bluestreak>        I'm quiet because I am fairly sick
Jul 31 22:51:02 <OyajiVyse>        all in favor?
Jul 31 22:51:07 <Bluestreak>        aye
Jul 31 22:51:10 <kusi>        all in favor?
Jul 31 22:51:13 <Bosun>        eye
Jul 31 22:51:18 *        kusi slaps OyajiVyse 
Jul 31 22:51:37 <OyajiVyse>        aye
Jul 31 22:51:38 <Bluestreak>        I'm very much in favor of slapping
Jul 31 22:51:39 <kusi>        OyajiVyse, Rush 
Jul 31 22:52:05 <kusi>        Bluestreak, haha
Jul 31 22:52:13 <Rush>        what
Jul 31 22:52:26 <Rush>        Aye
Jul 31 22:52:54 <OyajiVyse>        unanimous, the ayes have it 4-0
Jul 31 22:53:00 <Bosun>        Cool
Jul 31 22:53:23 <kusi>        yep
Jul 31 22:53:34 <Bosun>        Since time is short ? I would like to announce somthing.
Jul 31 22:53:49 <kusi>        Sure
Jul 31 22:54:07 <kusi>        Bosun, before that, I assume you want to work on the amendement next meeting, due to time, right?
Jul 31 22:54:16 <Bosun>        The annual meeting of governors is in Milwaukee Friday-Sunday
Jul 31 22:54:59 <Bosun>        Francis (our Governor candidate) will speak at the counter demenstration.
Jul 31 22:55:13 <Bosun>        On Sunday.
Jul 31 22:55:49 <Bosun>        That is all.
Jul 31 22:56:06 <kusi>        awesome
Jul 31 22:56:25 <Bosun>        ? and we will polish up the amendment for next meeting.
Jul 31 22:56:30 <kusi>        Awesome
Jul 31 22:56:54 <kusi>        That brings us to the platform, do we want a committee for that/
Jul 31 22:57:28 <Bosun>        I volunteer Francis ? since he is not here
Jul 31 22:57:33 <itspara>        it will need to have representation for all the states
Jul 31 22:57:38 <itspara>        if we do create one
Jul 31 22:58:32 <kusi>        Bosun, loll
Jul 31 22:58:36 <kusi>        itspara, agreed.
Jul 31 22:58:46 <kusi>        It's getting close, I'll push that to next week
Jul 31 22:58:50 <kusi>        OyajiVyse, take note
Jul 31 22:59:01 <Bosun>        Francs s writting a platform and a series of position papers.  I will twist his arm to share them on the PNC lists.
Jul 31 22:59:14 <kusi>        That would be great
Jul 31 22:59:18 <Bluestreak>        Please do
Jul 31 22:59:21 <OyajiVyse>        kusi, duly noted
Jul 31 22:59:43 <kusi>        Any othe business to cover for tonight?
Jul 31 22:59:50 <OyajiVyse>        in the last minute
Jul 31 23:00:02 <kusi>        other than PLEASE BE ON TIME NEXT WEEK. please!!
Jul 31 23:00:04 <Bosun>        zzz move we adjourn
Jul 31 23:00:11 <kusi>        seconds?
Jul 31 23:00:14 <Bluestreak>        I'm always on time!
Jul 31 23:00:18 <Bluestreak>        2nd
Jul 31 23:00:42 <kusi>        and that's why your my favorite
Jul 31 23:00:48 <kusi>        vote to adjourn
Jul 31 23:00:53 <OyajiVyse>        aye
Jul 31 23:00:55 <Bluestreak>        LOL you're just saying that!
Jul 31 23:00:57 <Bosun>        eye
Jul 31 23:00:58 <Bluestreak>        aye
Jul 31 23:01:35 <itspara>        ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jul 31 23:01:48 <kusi>        waiting for Rush 
Jul 31 23:01:55 <kusi>        Surprised he didn't jump on this.
Jul 31 23:01:56 <Bluestreak>        Going to sleep now. (Already in bed.)
Jul 31 23:02:06 <kusi>        Anyway, time's up
Jul 31 23:02:10 <kusi>        have a good week
Jul 31 23:02:13 <Bluestreak>        Goodnight.
Jul 31 23:02:14 <OyajiVyse>        3 aye, 1 abstain
Jul 31 23:02:15 <kusi>        You'll hear me sunday AM
Jul 31 23:02:22 <Bluestreak>        Post about it
Jul 31 23:02:24 <OyajiVyse>        see you all next week