PNC 7/6/16

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to: navigation, search

::PNC Meeting Agenda::

--- 07/06/16 21:00h EDT ---
IRC: irc.pirateirc.net
Room: #USPP


Minutes

Record of the meeting


1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PNC

Attending JK: Chair JOk: Vice-Chair LF: Sec MS: MASS

Excused


Unexcused


Probation

"Observers"


1.2 - At Large Members of the PNC

1.3 - Officers of the PNC

1.4 - Other Attendess

2 - PROCEEDINGS

  • Meeting called to order at: 9:03pm EDT
  • Meeting chaired by Bosun
  • Secretary for this meeting is Bluestreak
  • Quorum is established: ___ out of 8 Members present
  • Logging Enabled: Yes

3 - Review of previous minutes

https://pnc.piratenpad.de/44

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short Report From Committees

IT Committee

5 - Agenda Items

<Put Agenda here before sending out>

- AOB -


  • Next meeting: 8/3/16 at 9 PM EDT
  • Meeting closed: 9:55 PM EDT

Logs of the Meeting

jokeefe
:
ahoy Bluestreak
[
8:42pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Ahoy!
[
8:44pm
]
Sayyida
:
Hello everyone!
[
8:45pm
]
dewnada joined the chat room.
[
8:45pm
]
Bosun
:
Ahoy.
[
8:47pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Ahoy
[
8:48pm
]
Viktyr
:
What do you call a Viking who doesn't eat meat?
[
8:48pm
]
Sayyida
:
Vikingterrian?
[
8:48pm
]
Viktyr
:
Norvegan.
[
8:49pm
]
Sayyida
:
ohhh that's worse
[
8:58pm
]
Bosun
:
So what do you all think of PPI and why?
[
8:58pm
]
Bosun
:
Let me get out the can opener ...
[
8:58pm
]
K`Tetch
:
PPI is the precursor of Vogons
[
8:59pm
]
jokeefe
:
Lets worry about getting our act together before we worry about PPI, IMHO
[
9:00pm
]
Viktyr
:
I have no opinion of the PPI. I prefer to focus on local matters.
[
9:00pm
]
MosesMPP joined the chat room.
[
9:01pm
]
jokeefe
:
Ahoy MosesMPP & dewnada
[
9:01pm
]
Bosun
:
I'm not worried about PPI - I am just observing.
[
9:01pm
]
Bluestreak
:
jokeefe agreed
[
9:02pm
]
Viktyr
:
On some level, I would like to see international cooperation between Pirate Parties. But I agree with James that we need to build our own yard before we concern ourselves with the neighbors.
[
9:02pm
]
Bosun
:
So how is the MA candidate and campaign going?
[
9:03pm
]
jokeefe
:
Making progress. Have had an event or two and been going door-to-door
[
9:03pm
]
jokeefe
:
More to do
[
9:03pm
]
K`Tetch
:
always is
[
9:03pm
]
MosesMPP
:
as lways
[
9:03pm
]
Bosun
:
Has the candidate worn out the shoelether yet?
[
9:04pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Agenda https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-2016-7-6
[
9:04pm
]
Viktyr
:
Yes, "Put Agenda here before sending out" is the item I most wish to discuss.
[
9:05pm
]
Bluestreak
:
?
[
9:05pm
]
Viktyr
:
There's just a placeholder where the Agenda sould go.
[
9:05pm
]
Bosun
:
I guess that is a hint - first please identify yourselves.
[
9:05pm
]
Sayyida
:
I'm here for Wisconsin
[
9:05pm
]
Viktyr
:
Viktyr Gehrig, Wyoming.
[
9:06pm
]
MosesMPP
:
Moses, Mass Pirates
[
9:06pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I will have to figure that out...
[
9:06pm
]
jokeefe
:
James O’Keefe, Massachusetts & Vice Chair
[
9:06pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Lucia Fiero, MPP/USPP Sec
[
9:06pm
]
Bosun
:
Joe Klein Chair, Wisconsin
[
9:06pm
]
Sayyida
:
Forvive me my name is Meg, I'm representing wisconisn per Joe's request
[
9:06pm
]
dewnada
:
this is DEWnada from PA. Ahoy
[
9:06pm
]
jokeefe
:
Bosun, no I don’t think he has worn out the shoeleather yet
[
9:07pm
]
Sayyida
:
I hope his feet aren't bleeding yet
[
9:07pm
]
Bosun
:
Is that everyone?
[
9:08pm
]
Bosun
:
Lots of lurkers ...
[
9:08pm
]
Viktyr
:
Always are.
[
9:08pm
]
jokeefe
:
potential organizers
[
9:08pm
]
Sayyida
:
Well, I hope they are interested
[
9:08pm
]
K`Tetch
:
more like burnt out
[
9:09pm
]
Bosun
:
Ok - any agenda items ?
[
9:09pm
]
K`Tetch
:
(sorry, staying out of it, ignore me)
[
9:09pm
]
jokeefe
:
Status Reports
[
9:09pm
]
jokeefe
:
?
[
9:11pm
]
Bluestreak
:
HOPE?
[
9:11pm
]
Bosun
:
OK I will start - Wisconsin will have a booth at Fighting Bob fest this fall - we have also (mostly) finalized our new by laws.
[
9:11pm
]
Viktyr
:
I'm going to repeat my call for a platform meeting. Perhaps we can discuss how we would arrange something like that.
[
9:11pm
]
jokeefe
:
Also, we need a better way for people to contact us.  People use the comments, but I don’t think they are checked often enough
[
9:12pm
]
MosesMPP
:
aye re:plateform meeting
[
9:12pm
]
dewnada
:
Well I am in PA . I know we are not an official USPP chapter.  I spoke the guy who was taking the lead and who set up our FB page, which has about 120 folk, he told me nobody is steppin up to organize so I decided to see what I could do.
[
9:13pm
]
jokeefe
:
thanks dewnada
[
9:13pm
]
Viktyr
:
Wyoming PP has two members. We're not going to elect Officers or write bylaws until we have enough members to do so democratically. Hopefully this Fall, when I've had the opportunity to tour college campuses around the State.
[
9:14pm
]
Bosun
:
Anyone else?
[
9:14pm
]
jokeefe
:
MAPP had our 4th yearly conference, we live streamed audio from it
[
9:14pm
]
jokeefe
:
Running a candidate for state rep.
[
9:14pm
]
Bosun
:
Anybody here from California?
[
9:15pm
]
jokeefe
:
Marched in the Boston LBGT pride parade for the 5th year.  Will be at the yearly cannabis festival in Boston in September
[
9:15pm
]
Bosun
:
You guys have all the fun
[
9:15pm
]
jokeefe
:
Running monthly cryptoparties (sometimes more frequently)
[
9:16pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Picnic in August!
[
9:16pm
]
jokeefe
:
Also setup cctv.masspirates.org to track the location of surveillance cameras
[
9:16pm
]
jokeefe
:
Thanks Bluestreak
[
9:16pm
]
Bluestreak
:
SF has a PP at last!
[
9:16pm
]
jokeefe
:
huzzah!
[
9:16pm
]
Bosun
:
Yeah I was hoping they would show up.
[
9:17pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Did anyone reach out directly?
[
9:17pm
]
Bluestreak
:
That often works.
[
9:17pm
]
jokeefe
:
I believe he said he would try to make it
[
9:18pm
]
Bosun
:
We did mail - I recall the same
[
9:19pm
]
Bosun
:
OK - Do we want to discuss a platform ad hoc committee?
[
9:19pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Sure.
[
9:20pm
]
Viktyr
:
I think that might be more proper than simply using whoever shows up.
[
9:20pm
]
jokeefe
:
Who wants to lead it?
[
9:20pm
]
Viktyr
:
I will if nobody else does.
[
9:20pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Thanks.
[
9:20pm
]
Bosun
:
Viktor has the bee in his bonnet - I think he should
[
9:20pm
]
Viktyr
:
Who should be *on* the committee?
[
9:21pm
]
jokeefe
:
Put out a call.
[
9:22pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I can take on nothing new.
[
9:22pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Not recovering as quickly as they promised me.
[
9:22pm
]
Bosun
:
MA and WI have some platform info - how about we start by giving Viktor what we have.
[
9:24pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Is all our platform on our site jokeefe?
[
9:24pm
]
Bosun
:
Let's put the call on the website and give Viktor what we have.
[
9:24pm
]
jokeefe
:
Sure.  We just took the German Pirate Party platform and translated it.  It is up at github - https://github.com/masspirates/planks
[
9:24pm
]
papegaai
:
Title: GitHub - masspirates/planks: A place to define the Massachusetts Pirate Party planks (platform) (at github.com)
[
9:24pm
]
Bosun
:
Ours is mostly lifted from Iceland
[
9:24pm
]
Viktyr
:
I am composing an email to the SAB list.
[
9:25pm
]
Bosun
:
I'll also post the WI bylaws to the SAB list.
[
9:26pm
]
dewnada
:
my email is dewnada@icloud.com so add me to your listservs please
[
9:28pm
]
Bluestreak
:
OK
[
9:30pm
]
Viktyr
:
Bosun: On the website, please include my email address, viktyr.gehrig@gmail.com
[
9:30pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I am not an admin on the SAB.
[
9:30pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I will forward your address to the admin.
[
9:31pm
]
Viktyr
:
Bosun: I figure best approach is to simply accept everyone on the committee who volunteers.
[
9:31pm
]
Bosun
:
kusangi is
[
9:32pm
]
dewnada
:
what does SAB stand for, asks the newbie?
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
State
[
9:32pm
]
Bosun
:
That would be a Pirate way to do it - I'll sign also.
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Advisory
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Board
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Liz, OK
[
9:32pm
]
dewnada
:
check, thx
[
9:33pm
]
Bosun
:
National serves at behest of the states. - bottom up
[
9:34pm
]
dewnada
:
gotcha
[
9:34pm
]
Bosun
:
Chairman Klein demands more participation!
[
9:34pm
]
Bosun
:
[
9:35pm
]
Bosun
:
Anything else?
[
9:36pm
]
jokeefe
:
Do we have a list of active party and observer parties?
[
9:37pm
]
MosesMPP
:
shoiuld we just do a roll call one more time?
[
9:37pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: We *need* that, badly. People keep coming into the channel looking for how to join, how to participate, and I don't have the resources to direct them to.
[
9:37pm
]
Bosun
:
MA and WI - perhaps GA - I don't want to kick anyone out - but I would like more people to join the discussion.
[
9:38pm
]
jokeefe
:
NY?
[
9:38pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: I'm happy to do that job, but I need the means to do it.
[
9:38pm
]
Bosun
:
NY is pretty much a zombie right now. - Website hijacked
[
9:38pm
]
jokeefe
:
Viktyr - what would you like?
[
9:38pm
]
MosesMPP
:
yeah I was wondering about new york
[
9:39pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: A list of active parties, with website urls and contact information for the leadership.
[
9:39pm
]
MosesMPP
:
I'm from new york so I was wondering wether to do MA or NY but MA seemed more active
[
9:39pm
]
jokeefe
:
Going to meet some of them at HOPE XI
[
9:39pm
]
dewnada
:
since PPPA is just getting started is there someone who wants to fill me in later via email as to what I should be doing to get observer status for us and get us on road to active chaper?
[
9:39pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: Something I can just look up and tell someone "send an email here" or "look at this website".
[
9:40pm
]
Bosun
:
You need to do what every state party needs to do - Register as a political committee - establish bylaws - right a charter - incorporate - get a bank account.
[
9:40pm
]
K`Tetch
:
GA? what about GA?
[
9:40pm
]
jokeefe
:
Ok, lets work together and get a page up on the site.
[
9:40pm
]
Bosun
:
write a charter
[
9:40pm
]
Viktyr
:
Also, as one of the two members of the WYPP, I will second dewnada's request. I don't know what to do once I have the people to do it with.
[
9:40pm
]
jokeefe
:
GA was mentioned
[
9:41pm
]
K`Tetch
:
GA's done with for now, it's just me and I'm on a leave (supposedly)
[
9:41pm
]
jokeefe
:
I point people to https://masspirates.org/wiki/Organizing_Guide and Swarmwise
[
9:41pm
]
papegaai
:
Title: Organizing Guide - Mass Pirate Wiki (at masspirates.org)
[
9:41pm
]
dewnada
:
OK i did see that PA makes it nearly impossible to be designated as a political party and what i read said everyone else is considered a political group
[
9:42pm
]
jokeefe
:
Perhaps we need to have a Swarmwise / organizing discussion chat
[
9:42pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Good idea
[
9:42pm
]
Bosun
:
Then be a group
[
9:42pm
]
K`Tetch
:
3 pirate rule
[
9:43pm
]
Bosun
:
The "Party" designation is a ballot status issue. Most states don't want or ;like third parties.
[
9:44pm
]
Bluestreak
:
3rd straight year of having a Pirate on a MA Ballot
[
9:44pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Not hard if you start with a lower office
[
9:44pm
]
Bosun
:
Yea - I think observer status should be given out to anyone who can scratch up three pirates in a state.
[
9:45pm
]
K`Tetch
:
thats not what the 3PR is - 3PR basically says 'if at least 3 pirates think it's a good idea to go ahead and do something, then as long as it's not counter to the aims and policies of the pirate movenet, get on and do it
[
9:45pm
]
Bosun
:
We (WI) have only had pirates in 2014 and 2016.
[
9:47pm
]
•
K`Tetch
 
goes back to the shadows and writing about espionage act enforcement and classification law
[
9:48pm
]
Bluestreak
:
We should blog more of Andrew’s stuff.
[
9:48pm
]
K`Tetch
:
no, you really shouldn't
[
9:48pm
]
Bosun
:
I am saying is there pirates in whatever state - decide to be the state party and non exists then we let them in - It is 3PR.
[
9:48pm
]
K`Tetch
:
ah ok
[
9:49pm
]
K`Tetch
:
yes,
[
9:51pm
]
Bluestreak
:
How long is this meeting, please?
[
9:51pm
]
K`Tetch
:
<---this long --->
[
9:51pm
]
Bosun
:
Our goal in WI is to get ballot status and get people elected to local positions.
[
9:51pm
]
Bosun
:
I think we have what we need - how about you.
[
9:51pm
]
Bosun
:
?
[
9:52pm
]
Bosun
:
Shall we adjourn?
[
9:52pm
]
Sayyida
:
aye
[
9:52pm
]
Bluestreak
:
aye
[
9:52pm
]
Bluestreak
:
2nd
[
9:52pm
]
Bluestreak
:
derp
[
9:53pm
]
Bosun
:
OK done.
[
9:53pm
]
dewnada
:
GN all
[
9:53pm
]
jokeefe
:
aye
[
9:53pm
]
K`Tetch
:
you're getting better - I only marginally derailed all y'all this time
[
9:53pm
]
jokeefe
:
talk with you all on the list
[
9:53pm
]
Bosun
:
Hearing no objection ...
[
9:54pm
]
Bosun
:
goodnight - [
8:42pm
]
jokeefe
:
ahoy Bluestreak
[
8:42pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Ahoy!
[
8:44pm
]
Sayyida
:
Hello everyone!
[
8:45pm
]
dewnada joined the chat room.
[
8:45pm
]
Bosun
:
Ahoy.
[
8:47pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Ahoy
[
8:48pm
]
Viktyr
:
What do you call a Viking who doesn't eat meat?
[
8:48pm
]
Sayyida
:
Vikingterrian?
[
8:48pm
]
Viktyr
:
Norvegan.
[
8:49pm
]
Sayyida
:
ohhh that's worse
[
8:58pm
]
Bosun
:
So what do you all think of PPI and why?
[
8:58pm
]
Bosun
:
Let me get out the can opener ...
[
8:58pm
]
K`Tetch
:
PPI is the precursor of Vogons
[
8:59pm
]
jokeefe
:
Lets worry about getting our act together before we worry about PPI, IMHO
[
9:00pm
]
Viktyr
:
I have no opinion of the PPI. I prefer to focus on local matters.
[
9:00pm
]
MosesMPP joined the chat room.
[
9:01pm
]
jokeefe
:
Ahoy MosesMPP & dewnada
[
9:01pm
]
Bosun
:
I'm not worried about PPI - I am just observing.
[
9:01pm
]
Bluestreak
:
jokeefe agreed
[
9:02pm
]
Viktyr
:
On some level, I would like to see international cooperation between Pirate Parties. But I agree with James that we need to build our own yard before we concern ourselves with the neighbors.
[
9:02pm
]
Bosun
:
So how is the MA candidate and campaign going?
[
9:03pm
]
jokeefe
:
Making progress. Have had an event or two and been going door-to-door
[
9:03pm
]
jokeefe
:
More to do
[
9:03pm
]
K`Tetch
:
always is
[
9:03pm
]
MosesMPP
:
as lways
[
9:03pm
]
Bosun
:
Has the candidate worn out the shoelether yet?
[
9:04pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Agenda https://pnc.piratenpad.de/PNC-2016-7-6
[
9:04pm
]
Viktyr
:
Yes, "Put Agenda here before sending out" is the item I most wish to discuss.
[
9:05pm
]
Bluestreak
:
?
[
9:05pm
]
Viktyr
:
There's just a placeholder where the Agenda sould go.
[
9:05pm
]
Bosun
:
I guess that is a hint - first please identify yourselves.
[
9:05pm
]
Sayyida
:
I'm here for Wisconsin
[
9:05pm
]
Viktyr
:
Viktyr Gehrig, Wyoming.
[
9:06pm
]
MosesMPP
:
Moses, Mass Pirates
[
9:06pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I will have to figure that out...
[
9:06pm
]
jokeefe
:
James O’Keefe, Massachusetts & Vice Chair
[
9:06pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Lucia Fiero, MPP/USPP Sec
[
9:06pm
]
Bosun
:
Joe Klein Chair, Wisconsin
[
9:06pm
]
Sayyida
:
Forvive me my name is Meg, I'm representing wisconisn per Joe's request
[
9:06pm
]
dewnada
:
this is DEWnada from PA. Ahoy
[
9:06pm
]
jokeefe
:
Bosun, no I don’t think he has worn out the shoeleather yet
[
9:07pm
]
Sayyida
:
I hope his feet aren't bleeding yet
[
9:07pm
]
Bosun
:
Is that everyone?
[
9:08pm
]
Bosun
:
Lots of lurkers ...
[
9:08pm
]
Viktyr
:
Always are.
[
9:08pm
]
jokeefe
:
potential organizers
[
9:08pm
]
Sayyida
:
Well, I hope they are interested
[
9:08pm
]
K`Tetch
:
more like burnt out
[
9:09pm
]
Bosun
:
Ok - any agenda items ?
[
9:09pm
]
K`Tetch
:
(sorry, staying out of it, ignore me)
[
9:09pm
]
jokeefe
:
Status Reports
[
9:09pm
]
jokeefe
:
?
[
9:11pm
]
Bluestreak
:
HOPE?
[
9:11pm
]
Bosun
:
OK I will start - Wisconsin will have a booth at Fighting Bob fest this fall - we have also (mostly) finalized our new by laws.
[
9:11pm
]
Viktyr
:
I'm going to repeat my call for a platform meeting. Perhaps we can discuss how we would arrange something like that.
[
9:11pm
]
jokeefe
:
Also, we need a better way for people to contact us.  People use the comments, but I don’t think they are checked often enough
[
9:12pm
]
MosesMPP
:
aye re:plateform meeting
[
9:12pm
]
dewnada
:
Well I am in PA . I know we are not an official USPP chapter.  I spoke the guy who was taking the lead and who set up our FB page, which has about 120 folk, he told me nobody is steppin up to organize so I decided to see what I could do.
[
9:13pm
]
jokeefe
:
thanks dewnada
[
9:13pm
]
Viktyr
:
Wyoming PP has two members. We're not going to elect Officers or write bylaws until we have enough members to do so democratically. Hopefully this Fall, when I've had the opportunity to tour college campuses around the State.
[
9:14pm
]
Bosun
:
Anyone else?
[
9:14pm
]
jokeefe
:
MAPP had our 4th yearly conference, we live streamed audio from it
[
9:14pm
]
jokeefe
:
Running a candidate for state rep.
[
9:14pm
]
Bosun
:
Anybody here from California?
[
9:15pm
]
jokeefe
:
Marched in the Boston LBGT pride parade for the 5th year.  Will be at the yearly cannabis festival in Boston in September
[
9:15pm
]
Bosun
:
You guys have all the fun
[
9:15pm
]
jokeefe
:
Running monthly cryptoparties (sometimes more frequently)
[
9:16pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Picnic in August!
[
9:16pm
]
jokeefe
:
Also setup cctv.masspirates.org to track the location of surveillance cameras
[
9:16pm
]
jokeefe
:
Thanks Bluestreak
[
9:16pm
]
Bluestreak
:
SF has a PP at last!
[
9:16pm
]
jokeefe
:
huzzah!
[
9:16pm
]
Bosun
:
Yeah I was hoping they would show up.
[
9:17pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Did anyone reach out directly?
[
9:17pm
]
Bluestreak
:
That often works.
[
9:17pm
]
jokeefe
:
I believe he said he would try to make it
[
9:18pm
]
Bosun
:
We did mail - I recall the same
[
9:19pm
]
Bosun
:
OK - Do we want to discuss a platform ad hoc committee?
[
9:19pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Sure.
[
9:20pm
]
Viktyr
:
I think that might be more proper than simply using whoever shows up.
[
9:20pm
]
jokeefe
:
Who wants to lead it?
[
9:20pm
]
Viktyr
:
I will if nobody else does.
[
9:20pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Thanks.
[
9:20pm
]
Bosun
:
Viktor has the bee in his bonnet - I think he should
[
9:20pm
]
Viktyr
:
Who should be *on* the committee?
[
9:21pm
]
jokeefe
:
Put out a call.
[
9:22pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I can take on nothing new.
[
9:22pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Not recovering as quickly as they promised me.
[
9:22pm
]
Bosun
:
MA and WI have some platform info - how about we start by giving Viktor what we have.
[
9:24pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Is all our platform on our site jokeefe?
[
9:24pm
]
Bosun
:
Let's put the call on the website and give Viktor what we have.
[
9:24pm
]
jokeefe
:
Sure.  We just took the German Pirate Party platform and translated it.  It is up at github - https://github.com/masspirates/planks
[
9:24pm
]
papegaai
:
Title: GitHub - masspirates/planks: A place to define the Massachusetts Pirate Party planks (platform) (at github.com)
[
9:24pm
]
Bosun
:
Ours is mostly lifted from Iceland
[
9:24pm
]
Viktyr
:
I am composing an email to the SAB list.
[
9:25pm
]
Bosun
:
I'll also post the WI bylaws to the SAB list.
[
9:26pm
]
dewnada
:
my email is dewnada@icloud.com so add me to your listservs please
[
9:28pm
]
Bluestreak
:
OK
[
9:30pm
]
Viktyr
:
Bosun: On the website, please include my email address, viktyr.gehrig@gmail.com
[
9:30pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I am not an admin on the SAB.
[
9:30pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I will forward your address to the admin.
[
9:31pm
]
Viktyr
:
Bosun: I figure best approach is to simply accept everyone on the committee who volunteers.
[
9:31pm
]
Bosun
:
kusangi is
[
9:32pm
]
dewnada
:
what does SAB stand for, asks the newbie?
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
State
[
9:32pm
]
Bosun
:
That would be a Pirate way to do it - I'll sign also.
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Advisory
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Board
[
9:32pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Liz, OK
[
9:32pm
]
dewnada
:
check, thx
[
9:33pm
]
Bosun
:
National serves at behest of the states. - bottom up
[
9:34pm
]
dewnada
:
gotcha
[
9:34pm
]
Bosun
:
Chairman Klein demands more participation!
[
9:34pm
]
Bosun
:
[
9:35pm
]
Bosun
:
Anything else?
[
9:36pm
]
jokeefe
:
Do we have a list of active party and observer parties?
[
9:37pm
]
MosesMPP
:
shoiuld we just do a roll call one more time?
[
9:37pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: We *need* that, badly. People keep coming into the channel looking for how to join, how to participate, and I don't have the resources to direct them to.
[
9:37pm
]
Bosun
:
MA and WI - perhaps GA - I don't want to kick anyone out - but I would like more people to join the discussion.
[
9:38pm
]
jokeefe
:
NY?
[
9:38pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: I'm happy to do that job, but I need the means to do it.
[
9:38pm
]
Bosun
:
NY is pretty much a zombie right now. - Website hijacked
[
9:38pm
]
jokeefe
:
Viktyr - what would you like?
[
9:38pm
]
MosesMPP
:
yeah I was wondering about new york
[
9:39pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: A list of active parties, with website urls and contact information for the leadership.
[
9:39pm
]
MosesMPP
:
I'm from new york so I was wondering wether to do MA or NY but MA seemed more active
[
9:39pm
]
jokeefe
:
Going to meet some of them at HOPE XI
[
9:39pm
]
dewnada
:
since PPPA is just getting started is there someone who wants to fill me in later via email as to what I should be doing to get observer status for us and get us on road to active chaper?
[
9:39pm
]
Viktyr
:
jokeefe: Something I can just look up and tell someone "send an email here" or "look at this website".
[
9:40pm
]
Bosun
:
You need to do what every state party needs to do - Register as a political committee - establish bylaws - right a charter - incorporate - get a bank account.
[
9:40pm
]
K`Tetch
:
GA? what about GA?
[
9:40pm
]
jokeefe
:
Ok, lets work together and get a page up on the site.
[
9:40pm
]
Bosun
:
write a charter
[
9:40pm
]
Viktyr
:
Also, as one of the two members of the WYPP, I will second dewnada's request. I don't know what to do once I have the people to do it with.
[
9:40pm
]
jokeefe
:
GA was mentioned
[
9:41pm
]
K`Tetch
:
GA's done with for now, it's just me and I'm on a leave (supposedly)
[
9:41pm
]
jokeefe
:
I point people to https://masspirates.org/wiki/Organizing_Guide and Swarmwise
[
9:41pm
]
papegaai
:
Title: Organizing Guide - Mass Pirate Wiki (at masspirates.org)
[
9:41pm
]
dewnada
:
OK i did see that PA makes it nearly impossible to be designated as a political party and what i read said everyone else is considered a political group
[
9:42pm
]
jokeefe
:
Perhaps we need to have a Swarmwise / organizing discussion chat
[
9:42pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Good idea
[
9:42pm
]
Bosun
:
Then be a group
[
9:42pm
]
K`Tetch
:
3 pirate rule
[
9:43pm
]
Bosun
:
The "Party" designation is a ballot status issue. Most states don't want or ;like third parties.
[
9:44pm
]
Bluestreak
:
3rd straight year of having a Pirate on a MA Ballot
[
9:44pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Not hard if you start with a lower office
[
9:44pm
]
Bosun
:
Yea - I think observer status should be given out to anyone who can scratch up three pirates in a state.
[
9:45pm
]
K`Tetch
:
thats not what the 3PR is - 3PR basically says 'if at least 3 pirates think it's a good idea to go ahead and do something, then as long as it's not counter to the aims and policies of the pirate movenet, get on and do it
[
9:45pm
]
Bosun
:
We (WI) have only had pirates in 2014 and 2016.
[
9:47pm
]
•
K`Tetch
 
goes back to the shadows and writing about espionage act enforcement and classification law
[
9:48pm
]
Bluestreak
:
We should blog more of Andrew’s stuff.
[
9:48pm
]
K`Tetch
:
no, you really shouldn't
[
9:48pm
]
Bosun
:
I am saying is there pirates in whatever state - decide to be the state party and non exists then we let them in - It is 3PR.
[
9:48pm
]
K`Tetch
:
ah ok
[
9:49pm
]
K`Tetch
:
yes,
[
9:51pm
]
Bluestreak
:
How long is this meeting, please?
[
9:51pm
]
K`Tetch
:
<---this long --->
[
9:51pm
]
Bosun
:
Our goal in WI is to get ballot status and get people elected to local positions.
[
9:51pm
]
Bosun
:
I think we have what we need - how about you.
[
9:51pm
]
Bosun
:
?
[
9:52pm
]
Bosun
:
Shall we adjourn?
[
9:52pm
]
Sayyida
:
aye
[
9:52pm
]
Bluestreak
:
aye
[
9:52pm
]
Bluestreak
:
2nd
[
9:52pm
]
Bluestreak
:
derp
[
9:53pm
]
Bosun
:
OK done.
[
9:53pm
]
dewnada
:
GN all
[
9:53pm
]
jokeefe
:
aye
[
9:53pm
]
K`Tetch
:
you're getting better - I only marginally derailed all y'all this time
[
9:53pm
]
jokeefe
:
talk with you all on the list
[
9:53pm
]
Bosun
:
Hearing no objection ...
[
9:54pm
]
Bosun
:
goodnight - peace
[
9:54pm
]
MosesMPP left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed)
[
9:54pm
]
Sayyida left the chat room. (Quit: Ex-Chat)
[
9:54pm
]
dewnada left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed)
[
9:55pm
]
jokeefe
:
Next one in a month, then?
[
9:55pm
]
Bluestreak
:
OK
[
9:55pm
]
Bluestreak
:
I am posting the notes
[
9:55pm
]
jokeefe
:
August 3rd?
[
9:55pm
]
Viktyr
:
Alright, I've posted on the WYPP Facebook page and the SAB list. Anyone else who can spread the word about the platform committee would be dearly appreciated.
[
9:57pm
]
Bluestreak
:
Sounds good. I will put that on the agenda.