PNC 8/7/13

From United States Pirate Party
Jump to: navigation, search

::PNC Meeting Agenda::

--- 08/07/2013 21:00h EDT ---
IRC: irc.pirateirc.net
Room: #pnc
Wiki: http://www.uspirates.org/wiki/PNC_8/7/13

Minutes

  • No IT report, due to IT Chair's absence
  • Possibility of putting parties without attendance on probation
    • CA
  • Motion to add ammendment to bylaws as follows: Bylaws of the PNC by the creation of Article VII, section 4, stating the following: "Subcommitees of the PNC are responsible for reporting their progress, either at each PNC meeting during the section of the agenda alloted for them, or in a written report to the chair of the PNC no more than 24 hours before the meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding and/or reorganization of the subcommittee in question, or removal of the subcommittee chair, at the discretion of the PNC."
    • Motion passed: 4 aye, 1 abstain
    • State parties should ratify as well
  • Interview of Lindsay-Anne Brunner by Jim Brown on Common Sense radio show regarding Pirate Party

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PNC

  • Attending
    • Francis Klein - WI
    • Lucia Fiero - MA
    • Daniel Gorski - NY
    • Bradley Hall - FL
    • Jeffrey Talada - WA
  • Excused
    • N/A
  • Unexcused
    • CA
    • OR
    • GA
  • Probation

1.2 - At Large Members of the PNC

1.3 - Officers of the PNC

  • Lindsay-Anne Brunner - Captain
  • Daniel Gorski - Quartermaster

1.4 - Other Attendess

2 - PROCEEDINGS

  • Meeting called to order at: 9:00 pm EDT
  • Meeting chaired by Lindsay-Anne Brunner
  • Secretary for this meeting is Daniel Gorski
  • Quorum is established: 5 out of 8 Members present
  • Logging Enabled: Yes

3 - Review of previous minutes

http://www.uspirates.org/wiki/PNC_7/31/13

4 - REPORTS

  • N/A

4.1 - Short Report From Committees

IT Committee
  • N/A

5 - Agenda Items

  • Old Business:
    • Implementation of amendment to bylaws to include "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to do so may result in disbanding or reorganization or removal of the chair."
  • New Business:
    • Recap of Lindsay-Anne Brunner's radio interview

- AOB -

  • New content for USPP blog regarding the digital divide
  • Francis Klein's candidacy writings available at:

www.wipp.coop

  • Next meeting: 2013-8-14 at 9:0PM EDT
  • Meeting closed: 11:01 PM EDT

- Logs of the Meeting -

Aug 07 21:01:05 <kusi>        Time is now 9:00PM, meeting is opened
Aug 07 21:01:11 <Bluestreak>        Oh Hari!
Aug 07 21:01:18 <HariSeldon>        Francis Klein, WI
Aug 07 21:01:21 <kusi>        Please state your name, and state you're representing
Aug 07 21:01:25 <Bluestreak>        Lucia Fiero MA rep
Aug 07 21:01:31 <HariSeldon>        Ah bluestreak!
Aug 07 21:01:35 <HariSeldon>        I forgot - sorry
Aug 07 21:01:38 <HariSeldon>        a little busy
Aug 07 21:01:40 <Bluestreak>        NP
Aug 07 21:01:49 <Bluestreak>        Was doing for you!
Aug 07 21:01:52 <OyajiVyse>        Daniel Gorski, Quartermaster, NYPP rep
Aug 07 21:01:54 <kusi>        OyajiVyse, Rush 
Aug 07 21:01:55 <Bluestreak>        NVM we can try again
Aug 07 21:02:01 <kusi>        Lindsay-Anne Brunner, NY capt
Aug 07 21:02:07 <kusi>        Please save other conversations for PM
Aug 07 21:02:11 <Rush>        Sorry, I was in the wrong room
Aug 07 21:02:17 <Rush>        Bradley Hall, FL
Aug 07 21:03:16 <Bluestreak>        Sorry, sir.
Aug 07 21:03:23 <kusi>        I see we're missing Caleb yet again.
Aug 07 21:03:34 <HariSeldon>        ugh
Aug 07 21:03:48 <HariSeldon>        unfortunate
Aug 07 21:03:52 <HariSeldon>        quite unfortunate
Aug 07 21:03:57 <HariSeldon>        do we have quorum?
Aug 07 21:04:02 <kusi>        So, again, no IT report. Bosun has said he's interested in co-chairing or chairing
Aug 07 21:04:09 <kusi>        That will be arranged this week.
Aug 07 21:04:24 <kusi>        Another point to bring up, really fast
Aug 07 21:04:27 <HariSeldon>        he is here with me - although not online
Aug 07 21:04:38 <HariSeldon>        so if you need to ask bosun, I can talk for him
Aug 07 21:04:50 <kusi>        there are several member-state parties who haven't shown in a while
Aug 07 21:04:59 <kusi>        california is the big example
Aug 07 21:05:03 <HariSeldon>        indeed
Aug 07 21:05:08 <HariSeldon>        do we have quorum?
Aug 07 21:05:11 <kusi>        we do
Aug 07 21:05:15 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 21:05:17 <kusi>        Meeting can't be opened without
Aug 07 21:05:17 <HariSeldon>        sorry
Aug 07 21:05:21 <HariSeldon>        right
Aug 07 21:05:23 <HariSeldon>        duh
Aug 07 21:05:24 <kusi>        It's fine
Aug 07 21:06:32 <kusi>        There is the option of removing the non-attending state parties
Aug 07 21:06:35 <HariSeldon>        quick question - do we have anyone from WA here?
Aug 07 21:06:43 <kusi>        Jeff talada is in #uspp
Aug 07 21:06:45 <kusi>        not in here
Aug 07 21:06:49 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 21:07:00 <HariSeldon>        as to that option - I believe that should not be done
Aug 07 21:07:13 <kusi>        Why?
Aug 07 21:07:14 <Bluestreak>        2nd
Aug 07 21:07:15 <HariSeldon>        not before we make at least one contact, i think
Aug 07 21:07:28 <kusi>        pI've made several contacts to no response.
Aug 07 21:07:52 <Bluestreak>        Sigh
Aug 07 21:07:54 <kusi>        and the CAPP social media and websites don't seem to be updated
Aug 07 21:08:03 <HariSeldon>        i know - me too, but are we talking about just CAPP or others too?
Aug 07 21:08:23 <kusi>        I'm focusing on CAPP right now.
Aug 07 21:08:29 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 21:08:34 <kusi>        I know ORPP is somewhat dead-in-the-water
Aug 07 21:08:35 <HariSeldon>        fair enough
Aug 07 21:08:46 <kusi>        GAPP, god knows.
Aug 07 21:09:05 *        passstab (~coplon@xx.pirate) has joined #pnc
Aug 07 21:09:44 <kusi>        So, it may help to remove the parties that have since fizzled
Aug 07 21:10:09 <HariSeldon>        yeah
Aug 07 21:10:13 <HariSeldon>        i suppose
Aug 07 21:11:30 <kusi>        it's up to you guys, but I'd recommend it
Aug 07 21:11:53 <kusi>        So, onto less depressing things
Aug 07 21:12:01 <HariSeldon>        are they on probation?
Aug 07 21:12:05 <HariSeldon>        or something like that
Aug 07 21:12:11 <kusi>        we need to vote them onto probation
Aug 07 21:12:22 <HariSeldon>        what does probation entail
Aug 07 21:13:00 <kusi>        probation is detailed in the bylaws
Aug 07 21:13:16 <kusi>        the biggest thing is they lose their full-vite and member status
Aug 07 21:13:16 <HariSeldon>        ok, if I can't be lazy...
Aug 07 21:13:21 <HariSeldon>        yeah
Aug 07 21:13:26 <kusi>        vote. not vite
Aug 07 21:13:32 <Bluestreak>        Do what you have to do, sir.
Aug 07 21:14:03 <kusi>        It's up to the reps.
Aug 07 21:14:16 <HariSeldon>        I believe that voting them into probation might be the best idea, then making sure they are harrased and asked to come back at every opportunity
Aug 07 21:14:27 <kusi>        I've harrassed them, trust me
Aug 07 21:14:27 *        t51n (webchat@108.61.gi.xpj) has joined #pnc
Aug 07 21:15:22 <HariSeldon>        i understand, but I believe that telling them they are now on probation would have more of an impact
Aug 07 21:15:27 <kusi>        it seems that they burnt out/ran out of steam
Aug 07 21:15:31 <kusi>        it coul
Aug 07 21:15:33 <kusi>        could
Aug 07 21:16:11 <HariSeldon>        regardless, we should deal with it in new business
Aug 07 21:16:15 <kusi>        yeah
Aug 07 21:16:21 <kusi>        onwaaard
Aug 07 21:16:23 <kusi>        *Old Business:
Aug 07 21:16:23 <kusi>        **Implementation of amendment to bylaws to include "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to do so may result in disbanding or reorganization or removal of the chair."
Aug 07 21:17:35 <HariSeldon>        what sort of implementation information do we need?
Aug 07 21:17:44 <HariSeldon>        should we amend the bylaws to include more info?
Aug 07 21:18:03 <kusi>        the implementation is the amended bylaw itself
Aug 07 21:19:13 <HariSeldon>        so we need to amend the bylaws to include implementation? 
Aug 07 21:21:07 *        QuazarGuy (webchat@e-71-101-706-238.hsd5.wa.comcast.net) has joined #pnc
Aug 07 21:21:19 <kusi>        yes
Aug 07 21:21:22 <kusi>        no
Aug 07 21:21:25 <Bluestreak>        Jeff!
Aug 07 21:21:33 <kusi>        implementation is the bylaw itself
Aug 07 21:21:41 <QuazarGuy>        hey everyone
Aug 07 21:21:42 <kusi>        it may have been poor wordign
Aug 07 21:21:49 <QuazarGuy>        Jeffrey Talada, WA
Aug 07 21:21:49 <kusi>        QuazarGuy, identify for the record please
Aug 07 21:21:51 <kusi>        thansk
Aug 07 21:22:33 <kusi>        so it just is creating an amendment to the bylaws to include something that covers the committees
Aug 07 21:22:40 <kusi>        e "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to do so may result in disbanding or reorganization or removal of the chair."
Aug 07 21:22:40 <Bluestreak>        OK
Aug 07 21:23:37 <QuazarGuy>        where are we on the agenda?
Aug 07 21:24:35 <HariSeldon>        old business
Aug 07 21:24:54 <kusi>        the first *
Aug 07 21:25:08 <QuazarGuy>        thanks
Aug 07 21:25:21 <HariSeldon>        so what exactly do we need to do? I'm sorry, but I'll admit that I'm still rather confused
Aug 07 21:25:41 <kusi>        that's okay
Aug 07 21:26:21 <kusi>        last meeting, there was a suggestion to create a new bylaw to stop the lack of information about the committees
Aug 07 21:26:41 <kusi>        forcing them to report at each meeting
Aug 07 21:27:03 <kusi>        a (repeated) failure to do that could result in the removal of the chair
Aug 07 21:28:15 <HariSeldon>        oh im sorry for some reason I had it in my mind that we already made it an amendment
Aug 07 21:28:24 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 21:29:26 <kusi>        not yet
Aug 07 21:30:39 <HariSeldon>        ommitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to report for 3 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair at the discretion of the PNC.
Aug 07 21:30:45 <HariSeldon>        how about that
Aug 07 21:30:49 <kusi>        It's cut off
Aug 07 21:31:23 <HariSeldon>        "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to report for 3 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 21:31:54 <HariSeldon>        do we need any more detail than that, do you think?
Aug 07 21:32:39 <Bluestreak>        I don't
Aug 07 21:32:45 <Bluestreak>        think
Aug 07 21:33:20 <kusi>        I assume resposible should be responsible
Aug 07 21:33:29 <HariSeldon>        yes
Aug 07 21:33:38 <HariSeldon>        and I believe there would be another comma
Aug 07 21:33:41 <HariSeldon>        resulting in:
Aug 07 21:33:56 <HariSeldon>        "Commitees of the PNC are responsible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to report for 3 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair, at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 21:34:48 <kusi>        It looks good. personally, I would say 2 meetings and be more explicit about the disbanding and reorg
Aug 07 21:35:00 <kusi>        disbanding and/or reorganization of the committee
Aug 07 21:35:43 <HariSeldon>        Ok
Aug 07 21:36:27 <HariSeldon>        rush, blue? What do you think about reorganization and disbanding? what additions should we make?
Aug 07 21:36:46 <Rush>        It doesn't affect FLPP. We are our own group.
Aug 07 21:37:11 <HariSeldon>        ?
Aug 07 21:37:27 <Rush>        Even if the FLPP missed meetings or whatever, the PNC could NOT remove the chairman.
Aug 07 21:37:45 <kusi>        ...
Aug 07 21:37:51 <kusi>        Rush, you need to pay attention.
Aug 07 21:37:57 *        CalebLangeslag (~CalebLang@33-301-304-07.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) has joined #pnc
Aug 07 21:37:58 *        ChanServ gives channel operator status to CalebLangeslag
Aug 07 21:37:58 <Rush>        I am
Aug 07 21:38:02 <kusi>        We're talking about committees of the PNC.
Aug 07 21:38:09 <HariSeldon>        not state members
Aug 07 21:38:13 <HariSeldon>        *member states
Aug 07 21:38:16 <Rush>        I know, I'm just saying that you can't screw with state parties
Aug 07 21:38:21 <kusi>        We couldn't consider that with states.
Aug 07 21:38:43 <Rush>        But yes, we need a system to make committees accountable for actually doing thigns
Aug 07 21:39:03 <kusi>        which is why that amendment is in play
Aug 07 21:39:07 *        kusi gives voice to QuazarGuy
Aug 07 21:39:44 <Bluestreak>        No I think y'all have it covered.
Aug 07 21:39:57 <Bluestreak>        No additions
Aug 07 21:40:36 <HariSeldon>        do we think that the language should be made more specific so that future actions by the pnc are not either more lenient or harsh than we would do?
Aug 07 21:40:56 <kusi>        honestly, that is pretty specific
Aug 07 21:41:04 <kusi>        it gives 3 actions to do
Aug 07 21:41:19 <HariSeldon>        true
Aug 07 21:41:23 <Bluestreak>        Iagree
Aug 07 21:41:26 <HariSeldon>        i think its fine, i was just making sure
Aug 07 21:41:32 <HariSeldon>        that others are ok with it
Aug 07 21:42:46 <HariSeldon>        ok...
Aug 07 21:42:48 <kusi>        QuazarGuy, Rush, OyajiVyse 
Aug 07 21:42:52 <kusi>        opinions?
Aug 07 21:42:54 <Rush>        What up
Aug 07 21:43:20 <Rush>        Fine
Aug 07 21:43:26 <OyajiVyse>        looks good to me
Aug 07 21:43:34 <HariSeldon>        ok, then
Aug 07 21:44:12 <HariSeldon>        I move to amend the bylaws of the PNC by the addition of the following: "Commitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 21:44:36 <HariSeldon>        should I list a specific section of the bylaws?
Aug 07 21:44:50 <CalebLangeslag>        You need to cite where it goes, yes
Aug 07 21:46:06 <kusi>        CalebLangeslag, identify for the record
Aug 07 21:46:18 <CalebLangeslag>        Caleb Langeslag, Minnesota
Aug 07 21:46:28 <kusi>        and yes, HariSeldon you've got to cite the section it'll go to
Aug 07 21:47:00 <HariSeldon>        I move to amend the bylaws of the PNC by the creation of Article VII, section 4, Stating the following: "subcommitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 21:47:41 <kusi>        HariSeldon, that's without any of the corrections just made.
Aug 07 21:47:54 <kusi>        for example, responsible is still spelt wrong.
Aug 07 21:48:04 <HariSeldon>        dangit
Aug 07 21:48:05 <HariSeldon>        sorry
Aug 07 21:48:27 <HariSeldon>        Here you go: I move to amend the bylaws of the PNC by the addition of the following: "Commitees of the PNC are responsible for reporting their progress at each PNC meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair, at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 21:48:52 <HariSeldon>        noooo
Aug 07 21:48:53 <HariSeldon>        wait
Aug 07 21:48:58 <HariSeldon>        i suck at this
Aug 07 21:49:11 <Bluestreak>        Wait!
Aug 07 21:49:17 <Bluestreak>        Something just occured to me
Aug 07 21:49:28 <Bluestreak>        Attendance must be fairly ON TIME
Aug 07 21:49:40 <HariSeldon>        ?
Aug 07 21:49:52 <Bluestreak>        Well, Caleb is here, but 50 minutes late
Aug 07 21:49:53 <HariSeldon>        responsible for reporting their progress
Aug 07 21:49:58 <HariSeldon>        ummm
Aug 07 21:49:59 <HariSeldon>        so
Aug 07 21:50:02 <HariSeldon>        no
Aug 07 21:50:05 <HariSeldon>        i disagree
Aug 07 21:50:07 <CalebLangeslag>        Would it matter if someone simply submitted a committee report to the chair, in advance, if they're not able to attend?
Aug 07 21:50:15 <HariSeldon>        no
Aug 07 21:50:22 <HariSeldon>        i think that would constitute a report
Aug 07 21:50:25 <HariSeldon>        in my mind
Aug 07 21:50:41 <HariSeldon>        we could make it so they either have to be somewhat on time or submit a report early
Aug 07 21:51:05 <kusi>        said report must be submitted the day before at the earilest.
Aug 07 21:51:08 <kusi>        imo
Aug 07 21:51:19 <kusi>        \*before the meeting
Aug 07 21:51:26 <CalebLangeslag>        You mean latest?
Aug 07 21:51:29 <kusi>        no
Aug 07 21:51:42 <HariSeldon>        ?
Aug 07 21:51:44 <kusi>        agenda is out max 48 hours before meeting
Aug 07 21:51:53 <kusi>        you'll have 24 hours to know if you're making it
Aug 07 21:52:02 <kusi>        before writing the report
Aug 07 21:52:35 <kusi>        and actually, I need to speak with you and Bosun about the IT chair.
Aug 07 21:52:46 <kusi>        that will be done privately.
Aug 07 21:53:23 <HariSeldon>        i can have bosun online if you want
Aug 07 21:53:42 <kusi>        HariSeldon, after the meeting, if possible.
Aug 07 21:53:49 <HariSeldon>        will do
Aug 07 21:53:53 <kusi>        Anyway, this is a distraction
Aug 07 21:54:00 <kusi>        IT missed their report time.
Aug 07 21:54:06 <kusi>        Carry on with the amendment.
Aug 07 21:54:09 <HariSeldon>        was there a set report time?
Aug 07 21:54:29 <kusi>        It's scheduled before the agenda items
Aug 07 21:55:01 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 21:55:03 <HariSeldon>        i see that
Aug 07 21:55:28 <kusi>        There was a motion, do you rescind it?
Aug 07 21:55:30 <HariSeldon>        so committee chair must submit report no more than 24 hours before meeting?
Aug 07 21:55:33 <HariSeldon>        yes 
Aug 07 21:55:39 <HariSeldon>        i rescind
Aug 07 21:55:52 <HariSeldon>        will move again, pending discussion and possible amendments
Aug 07 21:55:53 <kusi>        it's not part of the amendment at present
Aug 07 21:56:09 <HariSeldon>        i understand, asking what we want
Aug 07 21:56:23 <HariSeldon>        do we want chair to report no more than 24 hrs before meeting?
Aug 07 21:56:33 <HariSeldon>        based on which time zone?
Aug 07 21:57:33 <CalebLangeslag>        Doesn't matter of timezone, because it starts at a specific time
Aug 07 21:57:34 <kusi>        there is no time zone.
Aug 07 21:57:37 <kusi>        ^
Aug 07 21:57:55 <Bluestreak>        2nd
Aug 07 21:58:08 <kusi>        Bluestreak, no motion to second
Aug 07 21:58:22 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 21:58:26 <HariSeldon>        sorry
Aug 07 21:58:31 <Bluestreak>        OK
Aug 07 21:58:54 <kusi>        24h before would be 9pm Eastern on Tuesday
Aug 07 21:59:05 <kusi>        8pm central, 7 Mountain, 6 Pacific
Aug 07 22:00:55 <HariSeldon>        so... "subcommitees of the PNC are resposible for reporting their progress, either at each PNC meeting within the confines of the agenda, or in a written report to the PNC chair made no more than 24 hours before the meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding, reorganization, or removal of the chair at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 22:02:14 <Bluestreak>        What about their attendance at PNC, does that matter?
Aug 07 22:02:29 <kusi>        the chair would have to be in
Aug 07 22:02:39 <kusi>        and again, that misspell is there
Aug 07 22:02:59 <kusi>        disbanding and/or reorganization of the committee
Aug 07 22:03:12 <HariSeldon>        ummm, you know, i think that they should be able to report at any time in the meeting, and i think that they should not be able to report without attending the meeting
Aug 07 22:03:31 <kusi>        HariSeldon, the other issue is we're now at a 2 hour time limit
Aug 07 22:03:39 <QuazarGuy>        Could there just be a real time report page that people could look at and see exactly where the group is at the moment? I see the PNC as a formality to get everyone on the same page.
Aug 07 22:03:49 <HariSeldon>        hmmm
Aug 07 22:04:04 <kusi>        we cannot afford the interruptions and distractions
Aug 07 22:04:25 <HariSeldon>        kusi, what do you mean
Aug 07 22:04:33 <HariSeldon>        i know we have a time limit
Aug 07 22:04:35 <kusi>        QuazarGuy, with an update from the committee in the first place, that can be done.
Aug 07 22:04:46 <kusi>        tyhe agenda is set for a reason
Aug 07 22:04:56 <HariSeldon>        ok
Aug 07 22:05:12 <HariSeldon>        but i would like to facilitate a discussion with the committee if need be
Aug 07 22:05:16 <kusi>        for example, caleb coming in 50 min late, shouldn't be able to go "K, here's IT nao" when we're doing something else
Aug 07 22:05:24 <HariSeldon>        yes,
Aug 07 22:06:34 <HariSeldon>        at the same time I would like to have the ability to have a discussion on what the IT committee has done with members thereof at each meeting
Aug 07 22:06:49 <HariSeldon>        but i understand the time agenda
Aug 07 22:07:07 <QuazarGuy>        I mean realtime as in, the committee keeps it up to date as they work. They should use the PNC to report problems they're running into.
Aug 07 22:07:20 <HariSeldon>        that would be useful
Aug 07 22:07:26 <HariSeldon>        i think that may be best
Aug 07 22:07:40 <kusi>        pnc shoudl be keeping track of progress as well
Aug 07 22:07:48 <kusi>        and we've had that model with IT.
Aug 07 22:07:53 <kusi>        it has failed.
Aug 07 22:08:00 <QuazarGuy>        oh
Aug 07 22:08:54 <HariSeldon>        the update thing failed?
Aug 07 22:09:06 <HariSeldon>        or do you mean committee with no oversight
Aug 07 22:09:27 <kusi>        both
Aug 07 22:09:40 <kusi>        IT has a wiki page, barely touched.
Aug 07 22:10:37 <HariSeldon>        oh
Aug 07 22:10:40 <kusi>        And there's been nothing from them in some time
Aug 07 22:11:01 <kusi>        I don't know when the last IT meeting was, and Bosun will be coming onboard as at least co-chair
Aug 07 22:11:22 <HariSeldon>        what do you suggest then?
Aug 07 22:11:35 <kusi>        Finishing and passing this amendment
Aug 07 22:11:52 <HariSeldon>        yes, but in which format?
Aug 07 22:11:54 <kusi>        and I'll talk with Bosun and Caleb after meeting to start.
Aug 07 22:12:06 <HariSeldon>        requireing what of the committees?
Aug 07 22:14:00 <kusi>        Required to report progress at least once every other PNC meeting, within the confines of the stated agenda or in a written report sent out to the PNC Chairperson no more than 24 hours prior to the start of a PNC meeting. 
Aug 07 22:14:29 <kusi>         Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding and/or reorganization of the committee in question, or removal of the committee chair at the discretion of the PNC
Aug 07 22:15:25 <HariSeldon>        "subcommitees of the PNC are responsible for reporting their progress, either at each PNC meeting during the section of the agenda alloted for them, or in a written report to the chair of the PNC no more than 24 hours before the meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding and/or reorganization of the subcommittee in question, or removal of the subcommittee chair at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 22:15:26 <Bluestreak>        And the report can say "Nothing to report?"
Aug 07 22:15:37 <HariSeldon>        yes, i think so
Aug 07 22:15:37 <Bluestreak>        And the report can say "Nothing to report?"
Aug 07 22:16:18 <kusi>        Bluestreak, if the report says nothign to report for some time, I'd assume the reps would be able to understand that the committee should be disbanded.
Aug 07 22:16:42 <Bluestreak>        Just wanted to bring up that possibility
Aug 07 22:16:58 <kusi>        for example, if a outreach committee is established(pulling things from the air), and they say nothing to report for a month and a half
Aug 07 22:17:12 <kusi>        then they may need to be re-evaluated anyway.
Aug 07 22:17:31 <Bluestreak>        Sure
Aug 07 22:18:10 <HariSeldon>        I move to amend the bylaws of the PNC by the creation of Article VII, section 4, stating the following: "Subcommitees of the PNC are responsible for reporting their progress, either at each PNC meeting during the section of the agenda alloted for them, or in a written report to the chair of the PNC no more than 24 hours before the meeting. Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding and/or reorganization of the 
Aug 07 22:18:26 <HariSeldon>        , at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 22:19:37 <kusi>        there's a lot cut off there
Aug 07 22:20:06 <HariSeldon>        ok, let me restate
Aug 07 22:20:18 <HariSeldon>        I move to amend the bylaws of the PNC by the creation of Article VII, section 4, stating the following: "Subcommitees of the PNC are responsible for reporting their progress,
Aug 07 22:20:29 <HariSeldon>        either at each PNC meeting during the section of the agenda alloted for them, or in a written report to the chair of the PNC no more than 24 hours before the meeting.
Aug 07 22:21:03 <HariSeldon>        Failure to report for 2 or more meetings will result in disbanding and/or reorganization of the subcommittee in question, or removal of the subcommittee chair, at the discretion of the PNC."
Aug 07 22:21:24 <kusi>        i'll take it.
Aug 07 22:21:48 <Bluestreak>        YAY
Aug 07 22:21:52 <kusi>        seconds?
Aug 07 22:22:10 <OyajiVyse>        second
Aug 07 22:22:17 <kusi>        yay
Aug 07 22:22:20 <kusi>        one sec, toby
Aug 07 22:24:52 *        Bosun (~Bosun@52-81-264-322.evrt.wa.frontiernet.net) has joined #pnc
Aug 07 22:26:02 *        Dash has quit (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
Aug 07 22:27:58 <HariSeldon>        kusi?
Aug 07 22:28:13 <kusi>        sorry
Aug 07 22:28:24 <kusi>        My son had a cavity filled today, it's bothering him again
Aug 07 22:28:33 <HariSeldon>        oh thats ok
Aug 07 22:28:43 <HariSeldon>        hope he feels better
Aug 07 22:28:44 <kusi>        So, any further discussion on this, or shall we move to a vote
Aug 07 22:28:45 <kusi>        thanks
Aug 07 22:28:59 <HariSeldon>        nothing further for me
Aug 07 22:29:33 <kusi>        Bluestreak, OyajiVyse, Rush, QuazarGuy 
Aug 07 22:29:40 <Rush>        Yes
Aug 07 22:29:40 <Bluestreak>        vote
Aug 07 22:29:45 <OyajiVyse>        nothing more from me
Aug 07 22:29:50 <Rush>        I'm fine
Aug 07 22:32:07 <Bluestreak>        if we are voting: aye
Aug 07 22:32:24 <Rush>        aye]
Aug 07 22:32:32 <HariSeldon>        are we voting? ... aye
Aug 07 22:33:21 <kusi>        vote for passage of the amendment. Aye, nay, abstain
Aug 07 22:33:26 <OyajiVyse>        aye
Aug 07 22:33:58 <kusi>        I believe 3/4 is required to pass
Aug 07 22:34:47 <kusi>        no, 2/3
Aug 07 22:34:58 <kusi>        Rush, Bluestreak QuazarGuy HariSeldon 
Aug 07 22:35:03 <Rush>        Yes
Aug 07 22:35:05 <HariSeldon>        aye
Aug 07 22:35:22 <Rush>        If you would look, you would see I already voted
Aug 07 22:36:36 <kusi>        if you looked, you'd see i didn't call the vote before you said aye
Aug 07 22:36:46 <kusi>        making your vote premature and invalid.
Aug 07 22:36:55 <kusi>        :D
Aug 07 22:37:34 <Bluestreak>        aye?
Aug 07 22:37:47 <kusi>        Bluestreak, why the question mark
Aug 07 22:37:58 <Bluestreak>        I need to vote again?
Aug 07 22:38:02 <kusi>        Yes.
Aug 07 22:38:06 <Bluestreak>        aye
Aug 07 22:38:18 <kusi>        If you voted before I called it, it's invalid and can't be counted
Aug 07 22:38:34 <kusi>        And to the person who PMed me, i am NOT nitpicking
Aug 07 22:38:44 <HariSeldon>        its called robert's rules of order
Aug 07 22:38:52 <HariSeldon>        we try to run our meetings by it
Aug 07 22:39:04 <kusi>        try is operative.
Aug 07 22:39:14 <kusi>        one more minute
Aug 07 22:39:16 <kusi>        QuazarGuy, 
Aug 07 22:39:25 <HariSeldon>        if a vote falls in the forest, and the chair is not there to hear, does it count?
Aug 07 22:39:51 <kusi>        lol
Aug 07 22:40:23 <Bluestreak>        Good one
Aug 07 22:40:27 <HariSeldon>        thank you
Aug 07 22:40:42 <Rush>        aye
Aug 07 22:41:24 <kusi>        Vote called
Aug 07 22:41:33 <kusi>        tally 4 aye, 1 abstain
Aug 07 22:41:37 <kusi>        horray
Aug 07 22:42:23 <HariSeldon>        can we move to New Business now?
Aug 07 22:42:25 <kusi>        That the amendment has now passed, the state parties also should ratify it
Aug 07 22:42:31 <kusi>        yep
Aug 07 22:43:11 <kusi>        So, on Sunday morning I was on Jim Brown's Common Sense
Aug 07 22:43:31 <kusi>        It was pretty fun, despite my nerves and Toby deciding to start poking me while talking.
Aug 07 22:43:51 <Bluestreak>        Link?
Aug 07 22:43:55 <kusi>        I was asked some basic questions about the Pirate Party
Aug 07 22:44:04 <kusi>        As far as I've found, it's not online.
Aug 07 22:44:16 <Bluestreak>        Sry I was busy with fam, didn't listen
Aug 07 22:44:19 <HariSeldon>        sad panda
Aug 07 22:44:57 <Bluestreak>        My husband is in NJ all week so he takes up a lot of my attn weekends
Aug 07 22:45:00 <kusi>        It happens, he mentioned having me back for an episode on Copyright
Aug 07 22:45:12 <OyajiVyse>        fifteen minutes remaining
Aug 07 22:45:15 <Bluestreak>        Oh cool. 
Aug 07 22:45:24 <kusi>        (which was a topic we did touch, but how much can you talk about in 5 minutes?)
Aug 07 22:45:32 <Bluestreak>        Send notice to SAB and I will set an alarm to listen to that one
Aug 07 22:45:45 <Bluestreak>        Does it have to be on agenda?
Aug 07 22:46:52 <kusi>        no
Aug 07 22:47:01 <kusi>        I will, if/when it happens
Aug 07 22:47:06 <kusi>        I will be in contact with him
Aug 07 22:47:12 *        t51n has quit (Quit: Web client closed)
Aug 07 22:48:11 <kusi>        actually
Aug 07 22:48:13 <kusi>        http://www.gcnlive.com/programs/jimBrownCommonSense/archives.php
Aug 07 22:48:26 <kusi>        click on that, go to archives, and hit the second hour
Aug 07 22:48:37 <kusi>        i was nervous, so forgive the squeaky voice
Aug 07 22:48:50 <HariSeldon>        yeah 
Aug 07 22:49:00 <HariSeldon>        i had a radio interview earlier in the summer
Aug 07 22:49:05 <HariSeldon>        but cant find it online
Aug 07 22:49:16 <HariSeldon>        had same sort of nervous voice, though
Aug 07 22:49:22 <Bluestreak>        OK thanks
Aug 07 22:49:26 <kusi>        No prob
Aug 07 22:49:34 <kusi>        Okay, moving onward
Aug 07 22:49:39 <HariSeldon>        indeed
Aug 07 22:49:41 <kusi>        any oher business for tonight?
Aug 07 22:49:44 <Bluestreak>        I have so much information on the need for universal HSISP I was thinking
Aug 07 22:49:53 <Bluestreak>        about writing a series of posts
Aug 07 22:49:58 <Bluestreak>        for the USPP blog
Aug 07 22:50:13 <HariSeldon>        oooh
Aug 07 22:50:15 <OyajiVyse>        ten minutes remaining
Aug 07 22:50:16 <HariSeldon>        that would be cool
Aug 07 22:50:22 <HariSeldon>        thank you ten
Aug 07 22:50:27 <Bluestreak>        There is this kid in the MAPP who studies the digital divide
Aug 07 22:50:28 <kusi>        that's doable
Aug 07 22:50:40 <Bluestreak>        he gave me many resources to review, but just last night
Aug 07 22:51:02 <Bluestreak>        I worked on it this weekend. I only just decided to make it a series
Aug 07 22:51:25 <Bluestreak>        That way i can have an intro posted this week or early next week
Aug 07 22:51:35 <kusi>        let me know when the first few are available
Aug 07 22:51:38 <Bluestreak>        Because the more I write the more I find
Aug 07 22:51:38 <kusi>        or ready
Aug 07 22:51:49 <Bluestreak>        The first will be an intro
Aug 07 22:52:02 <Bluestreak>        Got the idea from Swarmwise aktly
Aug 07 22:52:21 <Bluestreak>        Post some write some post some more
Aug 07 22:52:35 *        kusi nods
Aug 07 22:52:47 <Bluestreak>        That's all.
Aug 07 22:52:55 <HariSeldon>        i have some writing for my candidacy - It's either already on our webpage, www.wipp.coop, or going on tonight
Aug 07 22:52:57 <Bluestreak>        Evrything else Ive been working on is state lvl
Aug 07 22:53:06 <Bluestreak>        Oh good!
Aug 07 22:53:13 <HariSeldon>        would be happy to reformat for uspp
Aug 07 22:53:14 <Bluestreak>        We need to pump up the blog
Aug 07 22:53:16 <HariSeldon>        if you want
Aug 07 22:53:19 <HariSeldon>        yeah
Aug 07 22:53:21 <HariSeldon>        i agree
Aug 07 22:53:35 <kusi>        we do
Aug 07 22:53:40 <HariSeldon>        and im on vacation, so i have time to write stuff too!
Aug 07 22:53:43 <HariSeldon>        :D
Aug 07 22:53:52 <HariSeldon>        sort of vacation
Aug 07 22:54:13 <Bluestreak>        Well I dont have time, but I need to get this done. It's buggin me
Aug 07 22:54:22 <kusi>        I know that feeling. uuugh
Aug 07 22:54:52 <HariSeldon>        mhmm
Aug 07 22:55:14 <kusi>        is there anything else?
Aug 07 22:55:28 <HariSeldon>        i would like the status of those member states who have not been active lately to be on the agenda for next time
Aug 07 22:56:22 <kusi>        I'll contact
Aug 07 22:56:31 <Bluestreak>        And I would like to ask people to watch for an SAB email about trying to schedule another Hang Out test
Aug 07 22:56:44 <kusi>        yeah, that's something else
Aug 07 22:56:48 <kusi>        guys, use the SAB
Aug 07 22:56:49 <HariSeldon>        yes
Aug 07 22:56:50 <kusi>        seriously
Aug 07 22:57:06 <kusi>        HariSeldon, annouce everything you're doing with your campaign through that too
Aug 07 22:57:07 <Bluestreak>        Well yes but since everyone is here
Aug 07 22:57:13 <HariSeldon>        oh ok
Aug 07 22:57:13 <Bluestreak>        I wanted to remind them to CHECK
Aug 07 22:57:14 <HariSeldon>        sure
Aug 07 22:57:18 <kusi>        for when we're not all here
Aug 07 22:57:22 <kusi>        use sab
Aug 07 22:57:26 <Bluestreak>        because I got crickets this week
Aug 07 22:57:31 <Bluestreak>        yes sir
Aug 07 22:57:46 <kusi>        anything more in the 3 minutes?
Aug 07 22:58:01 <Bluestreak>        Two guys walk into a bar...
Aug 07 22:58:20 <Bluestreak>        which is funny because you think the 2nd guy would have seen it and ducked
Aug 07 22:58:35 <kusi>        lol
Aug 07 22:58:46 <kusi>        adjourn?
Aug 07 22:58:51 <Bluestreak>        2nd
Aug 07 22:58:57 <kusi>        i can't make a motion XD
Aug 07 22:59:05 <Bluestreak>        I move to adjorn
Aug 07 22:59:12 <HariSeldon>        second
Aug 07 22:59:15 <Rush>        second
Aug 07 22:59:16 <Rush>        third
Aug 07 22:59:23 <HariSeldon>        lol
Aug 07 22:59:23 <Bluestreak>        meep
Aug 07 22:59:43 <OyajiVyse>        all in favor?
Aug 07 22:59:46 <HariSeldon>        aye
Aug 07 22:59:48 <OyajiVyse>        aye
Aug 07 22:59:53 <Bluestreak>        aye
Aug 07 23:00:26 Roderick Rush 
Aug 07 23:00:32 <OyajiVyse>        QuazarGuy, Rush 
Aug 07 23:00:33 <Rush>        aye
Aug 07 23:01:06 <kusi>        motion passed, meeting adjourned
Aug 07 23:01:08 <OyajiVyse>        vote called, 4 ayes, 1 abstain
Aug 07 23:01:09 <kusi>        have a good one
Aug 07 23:01:12 <kusi>        see you next week