Guide to Being Anonymous
Whether you just want to maintain your privacy from family and friends or you want to stop the ever more totalitarian government from spying on you, the idea is the same as are many of the steps you can take to keep peeping eyes and ears out of your business.
- Have an alias or even better never use the same alias.
- Never reveal your true identity to anyone.
- The fifth amendment can only protect you from having to incriminate yourself.
- It can't protect you from evidence you give to others who may willingly or accidentally give it away.
- Use cash to buy things.
- Use proxy servers that don't log to mask your IP address.
- Alternatively, the Tor network or a VPN that doesn't log