Difference between revisions of "Lessons learned from major events"
From United States Pirate Party
(Created page with "When you are at an event, especially if you are tabling, make sure that you: * Study the rules and documents from the exhibition organizers. Remember that it is they who deci...")
Revision as of 11:27, 4 April 2020
When you are at an event, especially if you are tabling, make sure that you:
- Study the rules and documents from the exhibition organizers. Remember that it is they who decide what activities we can do legitimately.
- Compile a user ("cheat sheet") for people at the table, directing our marchers, etc. If you can include a copy of the operator's rules, say at the table, all the better.
- Have some sort of list of what the sessions/activities are and when they are. You should also know who is the 'official' in charge of that session.
- Designate a contact person from our side, who can take care of any last minute questions.
- Know what materials you will need and have them on hand or identify the person who will be bringing them.
- Have fun, be friendly and don't sweat the small stuff!
Additionally, Geek Feminism has a good article on organizing Women-friendly events.