PNC 11/18/19

From United States Pirate Party
Revision as of 22:22, 18 November 2019 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search


  1. Website & Taxonomy
  2. Supporting local and state chapters
  3. Other platforms for our meetings and publicly sharing this content quickly






Record of the meeting


[9:01pm] Pirate_Joe: I did not send out an agenda this week due to simply wishing to continue our talk from last week.
[9:01pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy Jokeefe!
[9:01pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:01pm] Pirate_Joe: Glad you made it.
[9:01pm] Pirate_Joe: You as well K`Tech
[9:01pm] Pirate_Joe: *K`Tetch
[9:01pm] Pirate_Joe: Ids please
[9:01pm] OGPAF: Johann Drolshagen, Webmaster, California
[9:02pm] hvxgr_ joined the chat room.
[9:02pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Captain, MA
[9:02pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:02pm] jokeefe: Massachusetts
[9:02pm] jokeefe: sorry, reflex
[9:02pm] Pirate_Joe: lol
[9:02pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy hvxgr
[9:03pm] Pirate_Joe: OGPAF, did you ever send out that email to the sab list?
[9:03pm] Pirate_Joe: I don't recall seeing it.
[9:03pm] OGPAF: yup - did it during last meeting
[9:04pm] OGPAF: I can send again
[9:04pm] bosun_laptop joined the chat room.
[9:04pm] bosun_laptop: sorry connectivity issues
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: I would like to leave the floor to you OGPAF, but first a quick question. Has the site made any sales of yet?
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: no worries, Bosun_laptop
[9:05pm] OGPAF: nope - nothing is connected on the backend of the site [in re shopify]
[9:06pm] OGPAF: getting ready to order sample though - hopefully this week-ish
[9:06pm] Poet_Web joined the chat room.
[9:06pm] OGPAF: also still need to connect to amazon, ebay, etc.
[9:06pm] OGPAF: facebook
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok, so is there a way to collect all the information we need in order to stay compliant.
[9:07pm] OGPAF: not sure I understand the question
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: Jokeefe, you are better at articulating what needs to be done.  May you?
[9:08pm] hvxgr left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[9:08pm] Bosun left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[9:08pm] Poet left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[9:08pm] K`Tetch_ left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[9:09pm] bosun_laptop: hello
[9:09pm] jokeefe: are we recording the names and addresses of everyone who buys things/donates?
[9:09pm] OGPAF: yes, but who is 'we'? technically the site exists as an influencer, not part of the 729
[9:10pm] jokeefe: and verifying that they are a us citizen or permanent resident
[9:10pm] OGPAF: we could, but not yet
[9:10pm] jokeefe: 1) Do we have a bank account? 2) what are we registered with? 3) have we asked whomever we are registered with what the rules are for selling things?
[9:11pm] OGPAF: this needs to be part of the introduction/orientation to the site
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: We do have a bank account, one that I would link to the site.
[9:11pm] OGPAF: we can do much much bigger things here
[9:11pm] Poet joined the chat room.
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Not registered yet, that would be the next step
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Welcome Poet
[9:11pm] Poet_Web left the chat room. (Quit:
[9:12pm] Poet: Ahoy! I think the Stockholm server went down.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: It would be best to answer question 2 & 3 before we start selling stuff
[9:13pm] bosun_laptop: we need an audit trail
[9:13pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: Bosun_laptop, what would you need to get it going with the FEC?
[9:14pm] jokeefe:
[9:14pm] papegaai: Title: Guides | FEC (at
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: I could meet up with you on Thursday mid day if you are available Jokeefe
[9:14pm] bosun_laptop: If Mass has a registered FEC account I need that - as the wish a list of any aaffiliated accounts.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: sorry, wrong link. this is the right one
[9:15pm] papegaai: Title: Guides | FEC (at
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Mas. does not yet have an FEC account
[9:15pm] bosun_laptop: Other than that
[9:16pm] bosun_laptop: OK I'll finish it tghis week
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: Did I ever send you the bank information?
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: Bosun?
[9:17pm] bosun_laptop: I will call or text if I don't have it.
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok. I'll plan to call the FEC for both our MA account and for the National level no later than Thursday
[9:17pm] bosun_laptop: I don't think so but I will look through my mail etc.
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: I don't think so either.
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll send it to save sometime after this meeting.
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: OGPAF, please refrain from going live until we are 100% on what we can and cannot do.
[9:18pm] OGPAF: too late
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: You can take down the items for sale though, correct?
[9:19pm] OGPAF: but we need to be clear - the site is not part of the 729 at this point, so there is no liability
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: It is our intent to make it so though, correct?
[9:19pm] OGPAF: this is a way bigger question - not trying to bust balls
[9:20pm] OGPAF: I have set this up so that all entities, chapters can collect, sell, receive
[9:20pm] OGPAF: it depends on which domain/url things come thru
[9:20pm] OGPAF: candidates too
[9:20pm] OGPAF: even individual campaigns
[9:20pm] bosun_laptop: some things need to be walled off.

[9:21pm] OGPAF: right now it is entirely walled off from the 729
[9:22pm] bosun_laptop: OK - think we have upstream IRC issues as well currently.
[9:22pm] Pirate_Joe: We want to be careful on how our image is used.  We are not doing this for profits but to make real changes.